GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War 2'.
Thu 06/11/08 at 09:01
Regular
"THFC"
A little bit early i know, but i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Basically thought we would need to have a thread where we can all discuss this game, i know plenty of us are getting it and in that sense we should have a place where we can talk about it.

Also useful if you find any secrets / collectables etc etc, but remember to use the SPOILER buttons - as some people may not be as far!

I have just uploaded all 50 Achievemtns in the cheats section so we can help each other with them or give assistance and guidance to getting them.

Would be good if we could also get people posting if they going online and fancy a match, the usual stuff but i figure a big game like this deserves some special attention.

Look forward to hearing your thought on the game and playing Online with you!
Mon 10/11/08 at 09:51
Regular
"THFC"
Oh right - well i guess ill have to kill the people and then pick it up if i want it lol.

You noticed long waiting times on online games??
Mon 10/11/08 at 09:15
"possibly impossible"
The gold Lancer is a special gun you only get with the Limited Edition of the game.
Mon 10/11/08 at 08:29
Regular
"THFC"
Am i the only one who is annoyed with the waiting time of getting into a game online?? I dont know if it is because it is so busy or what but i have waited on average about 8 minutes each time to get online.

Which is a shame as everything else is amazing about this game. Still loving the co-op one player, need to crack on with a bit more.

Also do you get the gold gun by completing the game?? seen it online a bit
Sat 08/11/08 at 00:10
"possibly impossible"
Fantastic game. Multiplayer is vastly improved from the first game and Horde mode is just great fun.
Fri 07/11/08 at 21:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Had it 2 days now.Still haven't had chance to play the damn thing.Wil hopefully get to have a go of it over the weekend.
Fri 07/11/08 at 11:12
Regular
"THFC"
I am playing throuh the story in co-op at the mo, so i can make the mot of it and get all achievements, really enjyoing it, so glad i got it!
Fri 07/11/08 at 10:35
"possibly impossible"
Got mine this morning too, lovely case but annoying that the steelbook part is completely hidden. The Steelbook of the first one is beautiful, worth picking up from Ebay.
Fri 07/11/08 at 09:24
Regular
"THFC"
Well i got to Asda at 8 this morning after dropping my girlfriend to work and i have played the first 30 mins, i have to say it is brilliant, i dont know how it stakcs up to the first one but i am going to enjoy every second fo this game!
Thu 06/11/08 at 21:27
"possibly impossible"
Blockbuster:

Standard edition £34.99
LE edition £39.99

Pre-orders get 2 £5 vouchers and a load of £2 off vouchers as well, staff told me I can use one of them on the game if I wanted.

Most stores should be opening at least 1 hour early (9am) for the launch.

Anyway, upshot is that I'm getting an LE version and only need to find another few quid to get it.

I'll need to finish the first one though!
Thu 06/11/08 at 09:01
Regular
"THFC"
A little bit early i know, but i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Basically thought we would need to have a thread where we can all discuss this game, i know plenty of us are getting it and in that sense we should have a place where we can talk about it.

Also useful if you find any secrets / collectables etc etc, but remember to use the SPOILER buttons - as some people may not be as far!

I have just uploaded all 50 Achievemtns in the cheats section so we can help each other with them or give assistance and guidance to getting them.

Would be good if we could also get people posting if they going online and fancy a match, the usual stuff but i figure a big game like this deserves some special attention.

Look forward to hearing your thought on the game and playing Online with you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.