GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War 2'.
Thu 06/11/08 at 09:01
Regular
"THFC"
A little bit early i know, but i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Basically thought we would need to have a thread where we can all discuss this game, i know plenty of us are getting it and in that sense we should have a place where we can talk about it.

Also useful if you find any secrets / collectables etc etc, but remember to use the SPOILER buttons - as some people may not be as far!

I have just uploaded all 50 Achievemtns in the cheats section so we can help each other with them or give assistance and guidance to getting them.

Would be good if we could also get people posting if they going online and fancy a match, the usual stuff but i figure a big game like this deserves some special attention.

Look forward to hearing your thought on the game and playing Online with you!
Tue 11/11/08 at 09:56
"possibly impossible"
It's mostly because we still have a lot of sorting out papers and general work to do, plus she doesn't really see gaming in the same light as watching TV.

I maintain that gaming is better for you, especially if you're watching Eastenders!
Tue 11/11/08 at 09:35
Regular
"THFC"
Me and Black are about 1/2 way or 2/3 through the story i think, going through co-op to pick all achievements and it is loads more fun IMO.

If we can all get on Horde it would be a good laugh but if i see people drifitng about i will send the game invite

My gf was just laughing at me with the headset on, but she was on her laptop so she was happy enough
Tue 11/11/08 at 09:24
"possibly impossible"
Tip 1: never tell your wife that you'll be on GOW2 for an hour. You know it's going to be way more than that :)

This is what I learnt from yesterday and may be the reason I'm not there tonight. We'll see what happens, but I don't want to push it!
Tue 11/11/08 at 09:16
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I will as soon as me and my gf complete coop. Only a few chapters left now
Tue 11/11/08 at 08:12
Regular
"THFC"
Good Game last night everyone - so close to that 10th level lol, but were some funny moments.

To people who don't know;
Myself, pb, Black8704 and Simian all joined up and took on Horde in GoW2 - we are looking for one more person who would be up for the challenge. I will be on there again tonight, hopefully the others can make it on aswell for another few games!
Mon 10/11/08 at 14:48
"possibly impossible"
I'll see what I can do. Wil probably be around 9pm or there abouts, depending on what my wife thinks about me being on the console again :)
Mon 10/11/08 at 14:04
Regular
"THFC"
Just thought actually if your picking this up Simian, we will have a team for Horde!

Me, Black8704, pb and Simian, just need one more, if pete is about. I going to be on there tonight, if i see people are online i will send out the invite!
Mon 10/11/08 at 13:59
Regular
"THFC"
I have just found it takes a while to get into games online, maybe it is just because i was playing a peak times and it was very busy.

Horde loads fine and the story mode co-op is just brilliant, cant wait to get home and do more!
Mon 10/11/08 at 13:31
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Oh right - well i guess ill have to kill the people and then pick
> it up if i want it lol.
>
> You noticed long waiting times on online games??

Not from the ones I've played. It took a while to find 5 players for my last game, but I guess it depends who is online and whether they're in the middle of a game already.
Mon 10/11/08 at 13:10
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
weee, should be getting this today!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.