GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War 2'.
Thu 06/11/08 at 09:01
Regular
"THFC"
A little bit early i know, but i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Basically thought we would need to have a thread where we can all discuss this game, i know plenty of us are getting it and in that sense we should have a place where we can talk about it.

Also useful if you find any secrets / collectables etc etc, but remember to use the SPOILER buttons - as some people may not be as far!

I have just uploaded all 50 Achievemtns in the cheats section so we can help each other with them or give assistance and guidance to getting them.

Would be good if we could also get people posting if they going online and fancy a match, the usual stuff but i figure a big game like this deserves some special attention.

Look forward to hearing your thought on the game and playing Online with you!
Mon 17/11/08 at 14:45
"possibly impossible"
hm. I'd be happy to help, but will then need someone who can go through the early levels with me in return!
Mon 17/11/08 at 08:05
Regular
"THFC"
Me and Simian are at lv 48 - but with just two of us it is pretty hard, so we will be enlisting the help of at least one other person for tonight's campaign. Then i will finally have the achievement. All the hard work will be worth it, then just need to finish the last few bits of the co-op and it is happy days
Fri 14/11/08 at 19:34
Regular
i goot up to lvl 17 playin with my mate then he went and grenade tagged me for no reason so im gonna get him back
Thu 13/11/08 at 14:47
Regular
"THFC"
Right - well i will be on about 5ish, who else can make that kind of time??

I found out that you need to do every wave yourself to get achievements, but i am hoping that you will be able to see which ones your have not done (by when you select a level it will miss ones who have not done!)

So lets crack on with some horde action people!

Also for those of you wondering, here is a list of all the final executions so you can get the other achievement.

I will hide it - just incase you want to discover them for yourself
Show Spoiler
Thu 13/11/08 at 14:25
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
Black8704 wrote:
> Me and Simian got to level 25, there's a level 'Hail' I think
> which is easy to do Horde on because you can get in a train
> carrage and none of the Big Muthas can get at you. Should be able
> to fly through it with 4 or 5 of us on that level!

Yeah, that should be really easy with a full squad. Having no big guys and those bloodmount things getting in is great.
Thu 13/11/08 at 12:04
Regular
"THFC"
I will be on from 5 - 7:30 tonight (going skiiing) then back on again later, so will be deffo up for some horde action.

I reckon you have to actually do all 50 Levels, so i have missed 3 or 4 of them - then i will not get the achievement, that sucks, i will have to make sure i go back and do them
Thu 13/11/08 at 11:54
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I will try and join you tonight, I just wanted to complete it before I started playing Multiplayer and Horde etc. Now Ive finished it I will get on the Horde.
Thu 13/11/08 at 11:26
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
> pb - did you get the achievement for doing wave 10 without doing
> wave 9?? i cant seem to find an answer to that anywhere lol
>
> If we have 5 people then we can do pretty well. Curious to see
> how hard Wave 50 is

No. Still not sure how it all works with Horde and Achievements.
Thu 13/11/08 at 11:21
Regular
"Hello?"
Me and Simian got to level 25, there's a level 'Hail' I think which is easy to do Horde on because you can get in a train carrage and none of the Big Muthas can get at you. Should be able to fly through it with 4 or 5 of us on that level!
Thu 13/11/08 at 10:29
Regular
"THFC"
pb - did you get the achievement for doing wave 10 without doing wave 9?? i cant seem to find an answer to that anywhere lol

If we have 5 people then we can do pretty well. Curious to see how hard Wave 50 is

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.