GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moshing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 09:30
Regular
I went to my first rock gig last night.

At a small club called 'The Net' in Abingdon. There were 4 bands playing -'Redifine' headlined.

It was fantastic. Real live rock. It was amazingly heavy - not the kind of stuff I'd listen to on CD, but perfect for jumping about to. There was a drummer in one of the bands - Harpie - who hit stuff really hard, with a stupid grin on his face all the time. He ruled.

Yeah....so, I moshed. Just wondering - can I do any long term damage to my brain or something?
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Selected"
i once saw about 5 kids lift another kid in a club (which will remain nameless because its so sh*t) once. Then they realised that they couldn't get a crowd surf going because they were the only ones on the super tiny dance floor. and it was a club which made no sense. sh*theads.
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Slamming (jumping into each other) is fun as long as it's not too violent. Most gigs people will help each other up etc. and the people slamming will be in a circle pit anyway. So anyone who wants to stop just has to go out of the circle...

I must say I've never crowd surfed before... but at this masked ball thing (sixth form school thing) me and a couple of mates just started slamming when we were drunk to random music (not even rock music, but we were just slamming so it was all good :D)
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:13
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I think crowd surfing is great. I'm quite small so I just float over. First time I ever did it was to Outtathaway! when I saw The Vines, I can remember looking up and being about 2 feet from Craig Nicholls, something I won't forget :).

Moshing is fun if it's just jumping up and down, not a big fan when people start squashing and running into each other though, you can't really enjoy the music when that happens.
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was fun actually until somebody tried to scratch my face off
Mon 20/01/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well most are

It happened to me once by accident

Let me explain... I was at the front but was getting pretty badly crushed and made the choice of going over the barrier... however whilst doing so I fell back the way as some mong pulled me back and therefore I went crowd surfing.
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> All crowd surfers are cants...

Not all. Crowd-surfing is the fastest way to get out of the pit if you are injured, and gives you instant access to staff, who can get you help. A trick I have used before when being elbowed in the face...

Nice bunch that we all are...
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You always get those hardcore Manics fans... I remember talking to someone during the Glasgow gig back in December and they all wait from about 10 in the morning then all run to the front when the gates open.

Sadly they're usually only girls from about 15-25 and always get thrown back, hence how I met them.

All crowd surfers are cants... I tried to steal someones shoe when they kicked me in the head. I always get kicked in the head
Mon 20/01/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Mouldy cheese, that's really freaky! I used to play in bands that played at the net, I've worked the desk for live gigs and studio recording there, and i currently work there on weekends as a motorbike instructor.

It's freaky that someone here is so close!
Mon 20/01/03 at 13:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I was at that Manics Glasto performance, and you're right, it was awful. I was closer to the back, and we all thought someone had died. Not cool.
Mon 20/01/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm the same, prefer to be back a ways and have my own space.
Worst gig I've ever been to for crowd-surfing etc was Rage Against The Machine at an Anti-Nazi League gig back in the early '90s.
All day event at Brixton Academy - sat through Senser, Bill Bragg etc and then Rage took to the headline gig.
It was so packed that, even half-way back, you got pushed along in the crowd. Literally you got pushed to the left and right, with nothing you could do to stop it.
I got my specs knocked off and couldnt bend down to pick them up.
Forced my way to the back of the venue and voila, space to breathe and stand without being squashed.

Saw Clutch at The Garage in August. Was ok being about 15ft from the front except it was just too packed, no air. Moved to the back and had a better view and space to smoke and nod along.

Being not so close rules when you reach over 15.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.