GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:32
Regular
Coatsy wrote:
> Please don't, anyone, get the impression I hate Nintendo. It's just
> (in my opinion) that the GameCube was infeiror to the other consoles.

Just out of curiousity, why do you think that? I have played on all the consoles this gen and I think it's the best, followed by the X-Box and then the PS2.

Gamecube has: Decent first party games, some good second party games and the best of the third party games (not forgetting Resi 4)

X-Box has: Bungie, Bioware, Bethesda(sp?), decent third party support

PS2 has: MGS, Final Fantasy, Tales games, Resi 4 (although they only get released in Japan), and tonnes of third part support, with the majority of them being rubbish.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:31
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
All this talk of shooting people is making me bloodthirsty.

Games like the Super Mario Advance series wouldn't be here if it weren't for consoles. If Ninty had always done handhelds, we wouldn't have Yoshi's Island.

And if life is without Yoshi's Island, it's not living.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Coatsy wrote:
> Please don't, anyone, get the impression I hate Nintendo. It's just
> (in my opinion) that the GameCube was infeiror to the other consoles.

So why does this opinion stretch to the Revolution, of which we know very little about...?
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's far more "bulletproof" than any of the guff you spew.

You can hide behind your grammatically correct posts all you like, but it's clear as day for all to see that the content of the posts doesn't match the structure.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:30
Regular
"\\"
Chr1s wrote:
> Coatsy wrote:
> N.B. MGS is a Sony series anyway.
>
> Not entirely. The Gamecube had MGS: The Twin Snakes and Metal Gear
> originated on Nintendo.

But Metal Gear isn't part of the MGS series.

Sun 18/09/05 at 12:29
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Please don't, anyone, get the impression I hate Nintendo. It's just (in my opinion) that the GameCube was infeiror to the other consoles.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> It appeared on a Nintendo console, so it's therefore not a Sony
> series at all.

I like your bulletproof logic.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:27
Regular
Exactly, and as someone else said, the original Metal Gear was on NES and another console (can't remember which).
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:26
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Coatsy wrote:
> The Twin Snakes was just a remake of MGS

So what? It's still a Gamecube game.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:25
Regular
Coatsy wrote:
> Paper Mario 2, Pikmin? Why did you pick the two kiddiest games on the
> console.
>
> N.B. MGS is a Sony series anyway.

What are you on? Paper Mario 2 and Pikmin are not "kiddy" games. Pikmin is quite a challenge (it's sequel especially). And how can you not be impressed by the Revolution? It's far more exciting then the other consoles and it's going to be amazing for FPSs. I don't think you realise the potential it has.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.