GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:16
Regular
You do realise that there have been more than pictures for the Revolution?
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:15
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ok, so you intended to provoke thoughtful discussion? Let me just
> remind you yet again a couple of things you've said in this topic
> alone.
>
>
> "Thankfully, I don't plan on getting a Nintendo Revolution. The
> idea of prancing around the living room with modified TV remote
> doesn't go down too well, I'm afraid."

I didn't say that in this topic. Get your facts right.

> "But the GameCube was sub par and from what I've seen of the
> Revolution, we are in for a mediocre experience."

Simply, making an observation (a bad one I'll admit) on the few pictures we have.

Have a nice day :)
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ok, so you intended to provoke thoughtful discussion? Let me just remind you yet again a couple of things you've said in this topic alone.

"Thankfully, I don't plan on getting a Nintendo Revolution. The idea of prancing around the living room with modified TV remote doesn't go down too well, I'm afraid."

"But the GameCube was sub par and from what I've seen of the Revolution, we are in for a mediocre experience."

That is an attempt to continue the "thoughtful discussion" you started with your original post? That?

Please, just stop.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:08
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
This post signifies the end of my immature and inconsistent arguments. Obviously, my topic hasn't created the thoughtful discussion I hoped it would.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Oh, feel free to ignore what you want and quote me out of context.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Your apparent constructive criticism:

"Aww come on, the Eyetoy rocks compared to this."

"Thankfully, I don't plan on getting a Nintendo Revolution. The idea of prancing around the living room with modified TV remote doesn't go down too well, I'm afraid."

"But the GameCube was sub par and from what I've seen of the Revolution, we are in for a mediocre experience."

"Paper Mario 2, Pikmin? Why did you pick the two kiddiest games on the console."

As far as I'm concerned, you haven't made anything that even barely resembles constructive criticism. All you've made is stupid statements that either make no sense, or make barely enough sense that they allow us to rip apart the flawed logic contained in them.

I know you're trying to be mature and stuff, but to be honest you're failing miserably. As the fourth quote proves.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Coatsy wrote:
> No that's not the point at all. You are wrong, my friend. I like
> Nintendo and the majority of their products, but that doesn't mean I
> think they are some kind of godly beings. The people who will go on a
> crusade to protect Nintendo from my constructive criticism by
> attacking me personally are wrong. Companies will not innovate if
> people kiss their asses, instead they need an idea of what people
> think they should do.

This is absolute tripe. Firstly, isn't it funny how you find us to be incorrect, while we collectively think you spew rubbish? Also, we're not on any sort of 'crusade' at all- we're simply pointing out that your arguments are weak and petty, and hold no real weight to them whatsoever.

Finally, "Companies will not innovate if people kiss their asses, instead they need an idea of what people think they should do"- doesn't this completely contradict the idea of innovation? You're saying that companies innovate by using ideas thought-up by others?

Right you are...
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:59
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
No that's not the point at all. You are wrong, my friend. I like Nintendo and the majority of their products, but that doesn't mean I think they are some kind of godly beings. The people who will go on a crusade to protect Nintendo from my constructive criticism by attacking me personally are wrong. Companies will not innovate if people kiss their asses, instead they need an idea of what people think they should do.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Coatsy wrote:
> The problem with this thread is that it now portays me as the
> antagonist, trying to insult Nintendo or something. This is not what
> I'm getting at.

It doesn't portray you as that at all. You think people are attacking you because you're against Nintendo? Not at all.

People are attacking your viewpoint because, quite frankly, the majority of the time it's rubbish. You assume things, you pose stupid questions and you're generally very inconsistent with arguments.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Coatsy wrote:
> Once again we move into the realm of weak personal attacks.

And you don't think some of the crap you've spewed is worthy of a remark like that?

Coasty also wrote:
> Give me an example of my 'picked-apart' arguments.

If you can't see for yourself that pretty much every argument you've made in the past day or so has been well and truly battered about, then there's something wrong with you. The fact that you need an example to be given is quite worrying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.