GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:25
Regular
"8==="
Splinter Cell > MGS

and that's multiformat.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:24
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Nintendo should, and must always continue making consoles.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Coatsy wrote:
> The Twin Snakes was just a remake of MGS2

Totally irrelevant.

It appeared on a Nintendo console, so it's therefore not a Sony series at all.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:23
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
The Twin Snakes was just a remake of MGS
Regular
"8==="
and the Xbox had a remake of MGS2.
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Coatsy wrote:
> Paper Mario 2, Pikmin? Why did you pick the two kiddiest games on the
> console.

Because they're two of the best games?

Yet again you're jumping to very stupid conclusions. Whether intentionally or not, you've just made the point that kiddy games shouldn't be allowed to be good.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:22
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Coatsy wrote:
> N.B. MGS is a Sony series anyway.

Not entirely. The Gamecube had MGS: The Twin Snakes and Metal Gear originated on Nintendo.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:16
Regular
"8==="
Most of those games you mention veer away from my two favourite things about the N64.

Multiplayer & FPS action.

That's where the cube went wrong for me, but it won me back with exclusive RPGs (not that I've played them yet).
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Paper Mario 2, Pikmin? Why did you pick the two kiddiest games on the console.

N.B. MGS is a Sony series anyway.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:06
Regular
There is no brand loyalty in the console market. Nintendo were once the market leader and now they are behind. So were SEGA, and they went out of bussiness.

I don't think the Gamecube was "dissapointing", maybe not as great as the N64 but Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2 and Double Dash are in my top 10 favourite games ever. Resident Evil series, Zelda Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid, Super Monkey Ball, Metroid Prime, super asmash brothers etc... have been quality efforts and I believe the Gamecube is superior to the competiton.

So No, certainly Nintendo shouldn't give up on the "game market"... because without Nintendo the future of gaming will almost certainly be dull.

Oh and Revolution seems utterly amazing by the little concepts Nintendo have shown us and so you're wrong wrong wrong on all accounts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.