GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Exactly. They create games so that people of all ages can play. Take Paper Mario - it can appeal to the kids with the Mario icon in it, and for those who have actually played the damn game, the script is actually pretty damn funny and can appeal all across the board. It's got a suitable amount of depth in the gameplay so that any age can play. The same with all the other games they make.

Just open your god damn minds for crying out loud.
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:32
Regular
Just because the games don't have blood and gore does not make them childish. I play Nintendo games for the gameplay, Wind Waker was amazing, and though it is cel shaded I would not say it is childish. You can't judge something on it's artistic direction.
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I wasn't saying all the games are childish but compared to other consoles they have far more games pitched at younger chldren.

Maybe they could concentrate on developing themselves as the firm to buy a console from for the say under 10's?
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:27
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It's never been as childish as Sony-fanboys make out, but it does have far more games which would appeal more to younger audiences than the Playstation consoles do/did.
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:24
Regular
What are you on about? Nintendo games are not childish. Sure, some of them have bright colours, but the gameplay is supreme, and they are challenging which most children wouldn't want. And I'd hardly call the Gamecube a child console. It's got Killer 7, Resi, and Eternal Darkness.
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Twain wrote:
> They just need to drop their childish idea that they used for the GC.

Agreed. You look at Nintendo and a fair few of their games are pitched at young kids who rely on their parents to buy them games. Teenagers and adults who buy a lot more games and who have the money to buy games for themselves aren't interested in them.

I don't think Nintendo should stick to handhelds and I believe in the near future Nintendo will be up there with Sony again.
Sun 18/09/05 at 15:10
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Nintendo shouldn't stick to handhelds. They've produced some of the best consoles in the past. They just need to drop their childish idea that they used for the GC.
Sun 18/09/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
If n64 become'd the new handheld more people were certainly were buying n64 handheld.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:17
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Once again I would like to apologise for my immaturity.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:16
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Yes, I do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.