GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Posts: 552
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Tue 20/09/05 at 09:12
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Posts: 552
I've learnt my lesson though.

DON'T BE A D!CKHEAD
Tue 20/09/05 at 09:06
Regular
"8==="
Posts: 33,481
Keep posting in the "intelligent discussion" forum and hold it to ransom.
Tue 20/09/05 at 08:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Posts: 552
The intelligent conversation starts as soon as I stop posting. There's a lesson here somewhere...
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:28
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Twain wrote:

> I count four: NES, SNES, N64, GC

The Gamecube is present, NES, SNES, N64 is past.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:23
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Posts: 3,934
There's a counting joke somewhere.

I can feel it.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Posts: 8,979
Twain wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Despite making 3 brilliant game machines in the past, you believe
> Nintendo should stop with the home console market because the
> Gamecube wasn't as good as you hoped.
>
> I count four: NES, SNES, N64, GC

He meant
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
Posts: 3,937
So do I.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Posts: 5,857
Dringo wrote:
> Despite making 3 brilliant game machines in the past, you believe
> Nintendo should stop with the home console market because the
> Gamecube wasn't as good as you hoped.

I count four: NES, SNES, N64, GC
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:10
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Coatsy wrote:
> The problem with this thread is that it now portays me as the
> antagonist, trying to insult Nintendo or something. This is not what
> I'm getting at.

It doesn't promote anything... it is a totally ridiculous argument.

I'll boil it down to your two points.

Despite making 3 brilliant game machines in the past, you believe Nintendo should stop with the home console market because the Gamecube wasn't as good as you hoped.

Some of us are saying that you're wrong and the Gamecube has been superb, listing Metroid, Mario, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Pikmin etc... amongst first rate titles. With a few more to come.

Some of us are saying that you're wrong because despite the Gamecube lacking the brilliance of past systems, Nintendo still make good home console games and the market would miss them, also their gaming hardware concepts are too good to say goodbye too.


Your second argument is that the Revolution seems stupid so there shouldn't be one.

Some of us are saying that you're wrong because we haven't seen enough to judge it.

Some of us are saying you're wrong because what we've seen so far seems impressive. Online gaming, new clever control method and downloadable games being the reason.

So shush.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:23
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Posts: 552
I'll admit the games aren't as childish as I said they were earlier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.