GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Tue 20/09/05 at 09:12
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I've learnt my lesson though.

DON'T BE A D!CKHEAD
Tue 20/09/05 at 09:06
Regular
"8==="
Keep posting in the "intelligent discussion" forum and hold it to ransom.
Tue 20/09/05 at 08:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
The intelligent conversation starts as soon as I stop posting. There's a lesson here somewhere...
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:28
Regular
Twain wrote:

> I count four: NES, SNES, N64, GC

The Gamecube is present, NES, SNES, N64 is past.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:23
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
There's a counting joke somewhere.

I can feel it.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Twain wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Despite making 3 brilliant game machines in the past, you believe
> Nintendo should stop with the home console market because the
> Gamecube wasn't as good as you hoped.
>
> I count four: NES, SNES, N64, GC

He meant
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
So do I.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Dringo wrote:
> Despite making 3 brilliant game machines in the past, you believe
> Nintendo should stop with the home console market because the
> Gamecube wasn't as good as you hoped.

I count four: NES, SNES, N64, GC
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:10
Regular
Coatsy wrote:
> The problem with this thread is that it now portays me as the
> antagonist, trying to insult Nintendo or something. This is not what
> I'm getting at.

It doesn't promote anything... it is a totally ridiculous argument.

I'll boil it down to your two points.

Despite making 3 brilliant game machines in the past, you believe Nintendo should stop with the home console market because the Gamecube wasn't as good as you hoped.

Some of us are saying that you're wrong and the Gamecube has been superb, listing Metroid, Mario, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Pikmin etc... amongst first rate titles. With a few more to come.

Some of us are saying that you're wrong because despite the Gamecube lacking the brilliance of past systems, Nintendo still make good home console games and the market would miss them, also their gaming hardware concepts are too good to say goodbye too.

Your second argument is that the Revolution seems stupid so there shouldn't be one.

Some of us are saying that you're wrong because we haven't seen enough to judge it.

Some of us are saying you're wrong because what we've seen so far seems impressive. Online gaming, new clever control method and downloadable games being the reason.

So shush.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:23
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I'll admit the games aren't as childish as I said they were earlier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.