GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We ALL cry"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/01/03 at 22:19
Regular
Now you gotta admit... you do feel like crying at a sad film, right?? No? You LIE! LIES!!

Ok, well if you have, what was it? I mean, most of you here are lads... obviously, but saying that you cried at a film isn't gonna make everyone here LAUGH and POINT and p*ss take at your post... then again, I think I'm wrong! :)

Well. Have you?

I did, but that's different... I'm a girl & we're 'allowed' to have unbalanced hormones and have the odd emotional hour.

Can we just see who the emotional ones are? Please? No? ... Pretty please?

For me:
I Am Sam
Pay It Forward
Moulin Rouge <--- i can't watch that any more, makes me sick & VERY emotional... go ahead. laugh. :(
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I seem to remember crying at the end of Forrest Gump, pansy that I
> was/am. I've just got a soft spot for retards.

Hey, I never knew that! You're in for such a ribbing next time I see you.
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Magnolia.

I walked out of Forrest Gump before I beat up the entire audience in a rage. Worst film ever.
Fri 10/01/03 at 14:06
Regular
"cachoo"
Woah, I forgot about all those weepy films! And sorry DR Gonzo! Didn't mean to bring back the Pay It Forward memories... :)

Another one I forgot to mention was Steel Magnolias, that's got to be one of the worst for me, the crying was unbelievable! It was 'so real'!

I honestly thought nobody would reply to this thread. And a lot of you are owning up! AH! :)
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:47
"slightlyshortertagl"
never tears but I've got close to in i am sam and pay it forward. two good films
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
Forrest Gump, yeah, the end. Usually when people cry on screen I get weepy myself.

It's a Wonderful Life had me in tears. Cuckoo's Nest is an excellent film, didn't make me cry though...
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:38
"Darth Vader 3442321"
One flew over the Cuckoos nest and when I was seven: Jungle Book. Look I liked Baloo and thought he was brave to fight the Tiger.

In truth a bear of his size would rip a Tiger to pieces...
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:23
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
cookie monster wrote:
> I cried when Arnold Schwarzennger lowered himself into the molten iron
> at the end of T2. It was his hand making the 'thumbs up' that swung
> the balance.

Lord - I'd forgotten about that. It was heartbreaking.

Cried buckets at the end of an old film called Electric Dreams. It was about a computer terminal that got champagne dropped into it and it came 'aware'. Both the computer and the owner fell in love with the girl downstairs and had a falling out. I know, am a wussie.
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I very nearly shed a small tear at the end of 'Grave of the Fireflies', an anime film about the aftermath of a World War II bombing. Two orphaned children struggle to survive in the Japanese countryside, and the ending is very sad :(
In fact, the whole film is pretty darn depressing.
Fri 10/01/03 at 09:52
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I seem to remember crying at the end of Forrest Gump, pansy that I was/am. I've just got a soft spot for retards.
Fri 10/01/03 at 00:18
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Pay It Forward - that made me cry too. It was so bad it physically hurt, one of the worst films I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

I wish I hadn't been reminded... SO AWFUL!!! So bad I'm amazed that at no time during its production of of the hundereds of people involved didn't speak up and point out what a steaming pile of poo it was they were working on. I'm guessing everyone was blinded by the "dream" cast and just assumed that they'd managed to make a laughable bad script meaningful despite the woeful premise and insulting, predictable direction. "Yeah, play sad music and have lots of candles - that'll make people sad that the stupid wee kid dies as we're totally incapable of getting people to invest any real emotion in this tripe".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.