GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Again"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 28/09/05 at 08:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
If you buy gold, am you likely to get banned?

I understand 1500+ gold farmers have been banned, but buyers?

Carry on with your "cheating scum" comments now, even though I haven't bought any yet, but am simply enquiring as I'm level 50+, with 20g and haven't the time to grind for weeks on end.
Wed 28/09/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
øne-eye wrote:
> I admit I've bought 200g. I'm not proud of it but how the hell do you
> go about getting a mount at Lvl 40 without some kind of financial
> help? It was solely for that purpose (the spare 100g is still in the
> bank not doing much).
>
> Shame on me (seriously).

You loser, how much did that cost you?

I have one alliance character, one horde character. My alliance character did mining and skinning, I sold it all on the AH and made loads. I could afford my mount at lv40, I'm lv41 with about 60g in my bank.

My horde character had a few problems at first, and couldn't afford the mount until later on in lv40, but is now lv58 with 480g in the bank!

The AH is your friend, so is a good profession. What do you do?
Wed 28/09/05 at 15:25
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Bullett wrote:
> Nah, it's not lazy. You can't call not having enough money 'lazy'.
>
> I started thinking about my mount at level 38. I did SM a helluvalot,
> but the xp just brought me closer to 40.
>
> Once I got to 39 I farmed Deadmines for ages, like Creepy.
> Repetitive, yes. But it did help greatly. However, I hit level 40
> still needing 30g. That's where my helpful, rich Sister came in :D
>
> I still need to pay her back, but my Engineering is more important!

Grrr, i suppose you could forget about the payment and just keep taking my alt to lowbie instances :P
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mozzy wrote:
> Argh... so many WoW threads. Whats so good about it?

If you haven't played, you don't know. So play.
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Mozzy"
Argh... so many WoW threads. Whats so good about it?
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't know what I did wrong with my hunter on Dragonmaw, barely having enough cash to get a mount at level 46, but on Thunderhorn I'm making a fortune. Currently level 42 and 112 gold up (haven't bought a mount yet, and don't really intend to.)

I've figured out the best way to make cash is through the auction house, discovering which items are rare and sell well. I've made an absolute mint from selling items their, especially from my chosen profession Alchemy, which is great for making money so long as you know which potions are the most desired.

I even tried farming at one points, but it was boring and didn't net the kind of cash I needed, so I just stuck with using my profession instead, which was much easier, and profitable.
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:47
Regular
With my very first character I got my mount at level 41. I got to level 30 and thought "I"ll try and make 10g per level". I didn't do any grinding for it, I just didn't spend money on anything other than repairs and class skills, although I didn't buy my level 38 or level 40 skills until after I had my mount.
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:39
Regular
Nah, it's not lazy. You can't call not having enough money 'lazy'.

I started thinking about my mount at level 38. I did SM a helluvalot, but the xp just brought me closer to 40.

Once I got to 39 I farmed Deadmines for ages, like Creepy. Repetitive, yes. But it did help greatly. However, I hit level 40 still needing 30g. That's where my helpful, rich Sister came in :D

I still need to pay her back, but my Engineering is more important!
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:18
Regular
I stopped leveling to do deadmines over and over, it may be boring but hell, it was worth it.
Wed 28/09/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Creepy wrote:
> Buying money at 60 would be forgiven but you couldn't get a mount at
> 40? Thats not shameful, thats just lazy.
>
>
>
> "Not everyone has as much free time as you Creepy"
>
> Screw you.

How's it lazy exactly? I don't have time to grind relentlessly.
Wed 28/09/05 at 12:20
Regular
Buying money at 60 would be forgiven but you couldn't get a mount at 40? Thats not shameful, thats just lazy.

"Not everyone has as much free time as you Creepy"

Screw you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.