GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Again"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 28/09/05 at 08:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
If you buy gold, am you likely to get banned?

I understand 1500+ gold farmers have been banned, but buyers?

Carry on with your "cheating scum" comments now, even though I haven't bought any yet, but am simply enquiring as I'm level 50+, with 20g and haven't the time to grind for weeks on end.
Fri 30/09/05 at 00:01
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
It must be server dependant. I don't know which servers you guys play on (or which side of the court you play in) but mine is very pro-alliance/anti-horde in population. As a horde character there's not as many people to sell to - I have a lot of auctions expire (lost deposits).

...and I'm not listing in Gadget, that AH is so dead.

Nobody seems to want luxury potions, it's all about the blue/purple drops and quirky things like savory deviate delights.

EDIT: Now Swiftness potions ARE good sellers, but over the last month or so its got to the point where everyone is selling them, bringing the profit down in turn.
Thu 29/09/05 at 11:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tailoring sucks. The only things worth making are perhaps the epic BoP robes, or the Mooncloth stuff, which is a biatch to make, but sells for 70g+....trouble is, the blue set robes are all better... :*(
Thu 29/09/05 at 10:46
Regular
Swiftness Potions
Shadow Oil
Frost Oil
Elixir of Demonslaying
Free Action Potion

All sell well.

Then once you're high enough you can transmute arcane crystals to arcanite. Many people need arcanite for advanced weapons/armor and the only way to get them is through alchemy. If you play it cleverly you can get between 5-15G every 2 days.
Thu 29/09/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
My Herbalism/Alchemy skills have made me 10g, and I've just turned lvl 30.

Of course, I've spent it all, but hey...
Thu 29/09/05 at 06:51
Regular
Only when you get high-end Alchemy. The beginner stuff is pretty much worthless.

That goes for every Profession really. The money only comes in at Expert+ in most cases.
Thu 29/09/05 at 03:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
øne-eye wrote:
> Not too much money to be made as an herbalist/alchemist...

Are you kidding? you can rake in a fortune with some of the potions you can make as an alchemist. I've seen some alchemist items sell for 30 gold on the Auction House.
Thu 29/09/05 at 03:27
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Not too much money to be made as an herbalist/alchemist...went with that seeing as tauren get the 5% bonus (counts for sweet FA in the context of things...as I came to realise a few days after I started lol).
Thu 29/09/05 at 03:22
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
phi11ip wrote:
> øne-eye wrote:
> I admit I've bought 200g. I'm not proud of it but how the hell do
> you
> go about getting a mount at Lvl 40 without some kind of financial
> help? It was solely for that purpose (the spare 100g is still in the
> bank not doing much).
>
> Shame on me (seriously).
>
> You loser, how much did that cost you?

You all talk about "farm here", "do that". I didn't know there were places to farm money in. I figured it was all your silver dropping mobs with the occasional uncommon drop.

I therefore preach ignorance, but at least I admit buying it - a lot of people won't.

£15 was the cost - I don't have a great job, pays just over £5 an hour. To farm 200g takes more than 3 hours, no?

Go on, judge me... ;)
Wed 28/09/05 at 16:19
Regular
i GAVE you that money
with my bare HANDS
Wed 28/09/05 at 16:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I would feel so dirty if I spent real money on fake money but I know where you're coming from.

When I hit lv 40 I had about 10g but I had so much in the bank which got me up to about 75g. Then I just mined lots of Mithril in Arthari for an hour or two.

Engineering is such a waste of money but fun. Hurrah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.