GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is wrong with me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/12/02 at 03:47
Regular
Well i met this nice girl online seen etc that was last year.
We had so many laughs at first we met out of the blue (she was on her bros comp) then she added me to msn for some reason, she was the one who made the move and kept on hinting me to say the L word.
I didn't cos i was scared, i am shy in RL and i didnt think i was in her league. Well it came to my old clans meet up a couple of them go to the club as most english teens do, turns out one of my clan mates had a nice :o with her, he has a GF and he's older than her but i felt betrayed cos we were so close he was also a good mate of mine. She listened to me comforted me, made me laugh.. almost destroyed my education cos i took time off to talk to her in the i didnt cos i did well in my exams this year. I go and leave my clan a couple of months after that letting all my anger out on them.
She was annoyed with me not coming to the meet up she wouldnt talk to me.
After that i didn't talk to her at all i felt betrayed.
A year on i thought i could move on, find someone else but i can't then i remember the good times i had with her and it does my head in, i still she her. Some of you might be against meeting girls, boys online but this aint the first time for me, one time somebody behind my back told a girl im too quiet she couldnt stop talking about me (i listened in to what she was saying :p) then he comes along and spoils it.
I'm only 17 but i feel so low i just want 2002 to go away.
I'm I a idiot to feel this way?
Tue 31/12/02 at 03:47
Regular
Well i met this nice girl online seen etc that was last year.
We had so many laughs at first we met out of the blue (she was on her bros comp) then she added me to msn for some reason, she was the one who made the move and kept on hinting me to say the L word.
I didn't cos i was scared, i am shy in RL and i didnt think i was in her league. Well it came to my old clans meet up a couple of them go to the club as most english teens do, turns out one of my clan mates had a nice :o with her, he has a GF and he's older than her but i felt betrayed cos we were so close he was also a good mate of mine. She listened to me comforted me, made me laugh.. almost destroyed my education cos i took time off to talk to her in the i didnt cos i did well in my exams this year. I go and leave my clan a couple of months after that letting all my anger out on them.
She was annoyed with me not coming to the meet up she wouldnt talk to me.
After that i didn't talk to her at all i felt betrayed.
A year on i thought i could move on, find someone else but i can't then i remember the good times i had with her and it does my head in, i still she her. Some of you might be against meeting girls, boys online but this aint the first time for me, one time somebody behind my back told a girl im too quiet she couldnt stop talking about me (i listened in to what she was saying :p) then he comes along and spoils it.
I'm only 17 but i feel so low i just want 2002 to go away.
I'm I a idiot to feel this way?
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:20
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Not at all, although you must have been blubbing when you wrote this because I could hardly understand it!

You're at an age where it easy to get hurt and to keep your emotions in check. Ok, so you had some good times with this girl but I guarantee there'll be more fish in the proverbial sea. If it's really affecting you try to get back with her or even suggest meeting up with her. However, you're in a rut and you have to look to the future instead of dwelling in the past. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm 23 and I've been through all the heartbreak a person could suffer in a lifetime. Nowadays, I'm careful to keep my emotions in check. Does that mean I'm unfeeling and heartless? Not really, but I'll never bare my soul to anyone again without some kind of reciprocation. As they say, one bitten, twice shy.
Tue 31/12/02 at 11:20
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Cut her loose. Internet relationships are terrifyingly powerful, I've nearly got involved in several. When you speak to people every day it's almost as if your relationships are played out much faster than real life relationships. You get to know people extremely rapidly, and if you allow yourself to, you can get extremely close to them.

However it works the other way, too. A few months of not speaking will render you almost strangers again. I don't advise chasing women over the internet - I've seen it happen and I've seen people let down by it. Remember - all you see when you peer into your screen is *fake*!
Tue 31/12/02 at 14:36
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> Not at all, although you must have been blubbing when you wrote this
> because I could hardly understand it!
>
> You're at an age where it easy to get hurt and to keep your emotions
> in check. Ok, so you had some good times with this girl but I
> guarantee there'll be more fish in the proverbial sea. If it's really
> affecting you try to get back with her or even suggest meeting up with
> her. However, you're in a rut and you have to look to the future
> instead of dwelling in the past. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm 23
> and I've been through all the heartbreak a person could suffer in a
> lifetime. Nowadays, I'm careful to keep my emotions in check. Does
> that mean I'm unfeeling and heartless? Not really, but I'll never bare
> my soul to anyone again without some kind of reciprocation. As they
> say, one bitten, twice shy.

Sounds like u had a hard time..
Tue 31/12/02 at 14:36
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> Cut her loose. Internet relationships are terrifyingly powerful, I've
> nearly got involved in several. When you speak to people every day
> it's almost as if your relationships are played out much faster than
> real life relationships. You get to know people extremely rapidly, and
> if you allow yourself to, you can get extremely close to them.
>
> However it works the other way, too. A few months of not speaking will
> render you almost strangers again. I don't advise chasing women over
> the internet - I've seen it happen and I've seen people let down by
> it. Remember - all you see when you peer into your screen is *fake*!

Some of them aint fake and this one ain't i know her too well :p
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:26
Regular
There's plenty wrong with you. But don't worry, it's probably just genes. Soon as we learn how to exploit the human genome, we'll have your personality sorted in no time.
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:37
Regular
I've made all sorts of mistakes in my life i wouldnt be here if i didnt do them mistakes i am 100% sure about that.
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:39
Regular
Probably some footballer cos i was good at it but i didnt take it up.
I dont want to do the same about the relationship side.
Okay its crazy to like someone over the net but people have done it before.
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:40
Regular
"bing bang bong"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Some of them aint fake and this one ain't i know her too well :p

Those sound like Famous Last Words to me
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:55
Regular
What do you mean....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.