GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jeffers defends reputation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/12/02 at 21:05
Regular
Francis Jeffers has defended his reputation in the face of accusations of diving by Gerard Houllier.

Jeffers expressed his "extreme disappointment" at Houllier's angry reaction to the controversial way in which he had won Arsenal's penalty equaliser at Highbury on Sunday.

In a statement released on his behalf by Arsenal, the former Everton forward insisted that he is an "honest player" and maintained that he had not dived to win the spot-kick.

Jeffers declared: "I am extremely disappointed by comments attributed to Mr Houllier. I'm an honest player and I certainly didn't dive for the penalty.

"It was a great pass from Dennis Bergkamp and I saw two defenders close me down, so I let the ball run past me. As I've turned and started to run, John Arne Riise grabbed me and also clipped my heel.

"It's as simple as that, it was a penalty. The referee was quick to blow to award the penalty and the linesman was even quicker to put his flag up.

"I don't have to defend myself. I know it was a penalty and the ref also said it was clear cut and that's all that matters."

The Football Association are unlikely to investigate Houllier's comments, while Arsene Wenger defended Jeffers' reputation.

The Arsenal boss insisted: "I've seen it again and I don't think that Franny went down. I think he was caught on his left leg and he didn't have a choice but to go down."

He clearly dived, he wasn't hardly touched, it was a disgracefull dive, you expect other players to dive but not an English player.

What do you lot think, did he dive?
Tue 31/12/02 at 14:23
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

Anyway, I'm not arguing with you - it's these bitter ManYoo fans whining about everything that doesn't concern them that get up my nose! They're happy when the luck's on their side, but don't like it when the boot's on the other foot and ripping them a new one!
----------

But...

*ahem*

Yea, I hate those biased ManUre fans; think the sun shines out of their rear ends they do.

:D
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
He didn't dive.

John Arne Riise clipped him, which caused him to trip.
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:49
Regular
Thanks for the opinion and good knowledge :p
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
§n][pe® wrote:
> Thanks for the opinion and good knowledge :p

It isn't my opinion it is the truth.
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:53
Regular
Yea i noticed.
Wed 01/01/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:

> As for the RVN comparisons - in the same situation, I'd have the same
> opinion. The thing is, for 8 out of 10 times RVN goes down, there's
> no contact whatsoever! They've said twice in commentary now that he
> has a reputation for it, so it's not exactly deniable!

Im sorry but I know for a fact that if Happened to Ruud - you and other football fans would be calling it a dive. Yes he does dive, and Yes Sniper I am a man utd fan (who can at least put a few sentences together unlike you) but from what I saw he dived and there may have been minimal contact, but if it was a penalty then why was there a delayed reaction in him falling to the floor? I at least admit it that Ruud dives, unfortuntly you gooners cannot say the same for your own - which is poor.

Jeffers is a young striker who has not had many games as yet and who knows he may even dive somemore, but he was clever to do in a match which Liverpool should have won. Your talking about commentators? why is it that there is a big debate about Jeffers penalty from a lot of the media and so called football experts if it was an outright penalty decision? - if the same happened and United were playing I would admit that it wasnt a penalty or whoever was playing, but no - it was Arasenal, so it must have been a penalty. This kinda thing happens week in week out but there's no denying that a Liverpool side that have been poor in recent week nearly won at Highbury and Arsenal again had some luck.
Wed 01/01/03 at 12:23
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Im sorry but I know for a fact that if Happened to Ruud - you and
> other football fans would be calling it a dive.

How do you know this for a fact?

> Yes he does dive, and
> Yes Sniper I am a man utd fan (who can at least put a few sentences
> together unlike you)

No, you can't. There are loads of grammatical errors in that post. Don't flame others for things you're guilty of too.

> Jeffers is a young striker who has not had many games as yet

He was a regular starter for Everton. If he was a diver, we'd know by now.

> This kinda thing happens
> week in week out but there's no denying that a Liverpool side that
> have been poor in recent week nearly won at Highbury and Arsenal again
> had some luck.

Yeah, Arsenal win penalties unfairly almost every game! Liverpool deserved a draw, Arsenal had most of the ball but the Reds defended very well. It was a fair result.
Wed 01/01/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
El Blokey wrote:
> AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Im sorry but I know for a fact that if Happened to Ruud - you and
> other football fans would be calling it a dive.
>
> How do you know this for a fact?

Because it is - Ruud does dive fact, but if it is a penalty we still get idiots on here saying it was a dive.

> No, you can't. There are loads of grammatical errors in that post.
> Don't flame others for things you're guilty of too.

Well I have worse hangover ever and im probabaly still got alcohol running through my body.. so I don't think it was that bad do you? at least I don't do one line attempts which dont make any sense - and only involves the words "you are man u fan thats why" or something stupid like that, a discussion isnt about Man U its about a dive by an Arsenal player and you gooners cant admit that one of your precious players dived - simple as that.

> Jeffers is a young striker who has not had many games as yet
>
> He was a regular starter for Everton. If he was a diver, we'd know by
> now.

Yeh but he was never involed in matches that needed vital points for a championship, the scenario was that Arsenal would have lost if they didn't get a bit of luck like a dive for instance.

>It was a fair result.

Arsenal would have lost if the dodgy penalty wasn't given - it was a fair result on the balance of play but at the end of the day Arsenal were fortunate to get a draw because of the penalty.
Wed 01/01/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I just find it hilarious that Houllier has the nerve of accusing anyone of diving (even though it was a bloody good one even if he did go down in stages). His players have been doing it for ages like a certain useless English striker he's got......... oh better narrow that down a bit, i'm talking about Emile 'breathe on me and i'll fall down' Heskey.
Wed 01/01/03 at 17:19
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Because it is - Ruud does dive fact, but if it is a penalty we still
> get idiots on here saying it was a dive.

Ruud dives. If he dives and gets a penalty, people say so. If he doesn't, nobody bothers because the other times he does speak for themselves.

> its about a
> dive by an Arsenal player and you gooners cant admit that one of your
> precious players dived - simple as that.

Jeffers is hardly a precious player. I was quite a fan during his Everton days but since the move he's been, well, useless. And I'm adamant he didn't dive.

> Yeh but he was never involed in matches that needed vital points for a
> championship, the scenario was that Arsenal would have lost if they
> didn't get a bit of luck like a dive for instance.

Everton have been in a few relegation scraps, and Jeffers has played in some real six pointers. So you're wrong.

> Arsenal would have lost if the dodgy penalty wasn't given - it was a
> fair result on the balance of play but at the end of the day Arsenal
> were fortunate to get a draw because of the penalty.

So it was fair, but we were fortunate? You're contradicting yourself. Earlier you said it wasn't fair..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.