GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jeffers defends reputation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/12/02 at 21:05
Regular
Francis Jeffers has defended his reputation in the face of accusations of diving by Gerard Houllier.

Jeffers expressed his "extreme disappointment" at Houllier's angry reaction to the controversial way in which he had won Arsenal's penalty equaliser at Highbury on Sunday.

In a statement released on his behalf by Arsenal, the former Everton forward insisted that he is an "honest player" and maintained that he had not dived to win the spot-kick.

Jeffers declared: "I am extremely disappointed by comments attributed to Mr Houllier. I'm an honest player and I certainly didn't dive for the penalty.

"It was a great pass from Dennis Bergkamp and I saw two defenders close me down, so I let the ball run past me. As I've turned and started to run, John Arne Riise grabbed me and also clipped my heel.

"It's as simple as that, it was a penalty. The referee was quick to blow to award the penalty and the linesman was even quicker to put his flag up.

"I don't have to defend myself. I know it was a penalty and the ref also said it was clear cut and that's all that matters."

The Football Association are unlikely to investigate Houllier's comments, while Arsene Wenger defended Jeffers' reputation.

The Arsenal boss insisted: "I've seen it again and I don't think that Franny went down. I think he was caught on his left leg and he didn't have a choice but to go down."

He clearly dived, he wasn't hardly touched, it was a disgracefull dive, you expect other players to dive but not an English player.

What do you lot think, did he dive?
Sun 05/01/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
El Blokey wrote:
>Stop being so petty.

I'll stop being petty when you decide to face reality and admit it that he dived.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:46
"High polygon count"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> Can you tell me the last time Liverpool needed a penalty to win the
> game? I think you're getting a tad over-reactive now.

You reckon? :-)
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Relegation scraps are just as important as championship battles Neo, and you knew exactly what I mean. Stop being so petty.
Thu 02/01/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yep we were fortunate against Sunderland - at least I admit it! but we scored 2 'fair' goals to win the match.
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:52
"High polygon count"
Like United were today! :-)
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
El Blokey wrote:
> AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Because it is - Ruud does dive fact, but if it is a penalty we still
> get idiots on here saying it was a dive.
>
> Ruud dives. If he dives and gets a penalty, people say so. If he
> doesn't, nobody bothers because the other times he does speak for
> themselves.

Yeh right! - That just shows how much you post and read in the sport forum.

> I'm adamant he didn't dive.

Thats because your a gooner - other than that most people think he dived.

> Everton have been in a few relegation scraps, and Jeffers has played
> in some real six pointers. So you're wrong.

No, I said he has never played in a match we're "Championship" points were needed, so your wrong - because he hasnt before he joined Arsenal.

> Arsenal would have lost if the dodgy penalty wasn't given - it was a
> fair result on the balance of play but at the end of the day Arsenal
> were fortunate to get a draw because of the penalty.
>
> So it was fair, but we were fortunate? You're contradicting yourself.
> Earlier you said it wasn't fair..

No it was fair "on the balance of play" you can have all the possesion in the world but if you concede and dont score you dont get anything from a football match - a dodgy penalty was the only way you could score, so YES you were fortunate.
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
"es argh"
§n][pe® wrote:
you

OH MY GOD

*faints*

;)
Wed 01/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> For those who thought Jeffers went down late - what about Solskjaer
> today?

He was off balance :P

Trying to control the ball and stretching.
Wed 01/01/03 at 17:22
Regular
eh?

Jeffers had under 20 games in two season at Everton. They guy is EVEN more injury prone than Robbie Fowler.
Wed 01/01/03 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
For those who thought Jeffers went down late - what about Solskjaer today?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.