GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST OF 2000 - OPINIONS PLEASE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/12/00 at 13:55
Regular
Well, it was one hell of a year! The Dreamcast went from strength to strength, the PS2 came...and went and we saw a glimpse of the future with the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox. But want we want to know is, what were your highlights? What were your favourite gaming moments from the year 2000? Bung them all in here and tell everyone what kind of year you had and you could win the game of your choice, every day! See http://Gameaday.co.uk for more details. Happy reminiscing!
Wed 27/12/00 at 18:37
My highlight was when I got my dreamcast and sonic adventure. I thought that it was amazing and i was in love with sonic adventure.
Wed 27/12/00 at 17:14
How about "that" Eminem cover by a certain SR regular? Perhaps the finest post seen this year and the original that spawned a thousand rubbish imitations (no offence).
Wed 27/12/00 at 16:19
Regular
"Whatever!"
My highlight was without doubt getting my Playstation 2 on launch day!! Despite months of agonising waiting it was well worth it in the end. Seeing what the PS2 is capable of was a great moment too. I have never seen anything quite like Metal Gear Solid 2 ever, so I will order that as soon as possible and will be counting down the days till its release!! Gran Turismo 3 being another!!

Earlier in the year I got a Dreamcast which I am still over the moon about. It is a fine console and I have some fantastic games for it, about 24 now I believe. The best of them being: Shenmue, Metropolis Street Racer, Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Res Evil Code Veronica and Quake III Arena. There are still some excellent titles on the way which will see me through the year 2001, such as: Half Life, Phantasy Star Online, Unreal Tournament, Sonic 2 and Crazy Taxi 2.

There have been so many top games released this year it is easy to over look them all. I have been lucky enough to get both WWF Smackdown 2 and WWF No Mercy. Zelda Majoras Mask, Perfect Dark, Mario Tennis, Medal of Honor (1 and Underground), Dino Crisis 2, Virtua Tennis and Jet Set Radio amongst others.

I have to mention that winning Gameaday 3 times is also another highlight of the year!!
Shall look forward to 2001's games and hopefully I will get a Game Boy Advance once its released.
Wed 27/12/00 at 16:13
Regular
Best Gaming moment i think crushing FantasyMeister with a hammer weapon without him noticing and getting that last flag capture me and Grix needed to win the match.
Wed 27/12/00 at 16:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Arguing with his brain about what was the highlight of 2000 no doubt.
Wed 27/12/00 at 15:59
Regular
Anyone have Deus Ex Multiplay or Unreal Tourny? Where's is Grix when you need him!
Wed 27/12/00 at 15:59
Regular
Another highlight, the funniest moment of gaming in 2000:

Me, Grix and Sniper were playing Catch the Flag on Unreal Tournament online, Me and Grix against Sniper. Whilst laying in wait to ambush him, things got a little quiet, so I walked up to Grix and fired off a rocket in his face. This knocked him back a bit, but caused no damage. So he fired back, same result. Next thing you know, we'd forgotten all about the ambush and were just running around blasting the begorrahs out of each other with every weapon known to mankind (and aliens), when all of a sudden, the door opens and in trots Sniper with his flag.

By now, me and Grix were fully tooled up and armed to the teeth, so we casually just turned around and let loose on him. I don't think he knew what hit him.

I still laugh about it now. lol. See?
Wed 27/12/00 at 15:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
I suppose you can't.

Still better though. {:)

Sorry, I judt got annoyed 'cos MGS IS something special. Ask anyone who's played MGS.
Wed 27/12/00 at 15:55
Regular
You can't compare it with Goldeneye, it's more of a gun blazing game.
Wed 27/12/00 at 15:55
Regular
RE: Manuals for UT

I'm a perfectionist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.