GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST OF 2000 - OPINIONS PLEASE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/12/00 at 13:55
Regular
Well, it was one hell of a year! The Dreamcast went from strength to strength, the PS2 came...and went and we saw a glimpse of the future with the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox. But want we want to know is, what were your highlights? What were your favourite gaming moments from the year 2000? Bung them all in here and tell everyone what kind of year you had and you could win the game of your choice, every day! See http://Gameaday.co.uk for more details. Happy reminiscing!
Thu 28/12/00 at 23:53
Regular
"not dead"
FantasyMeisteŽ wrote:
> Actually, I think we may all share the same highlight, that
> Charity thing.
>
Actually I'd have to agree with that, it was rather special, with what the guys at SR managed to blag, and it was good to see so many donations, especially from Wookiee Monster, who paid for some extras.
Thu 28/12/00 at 21:27
Regular
Ah... That was fun. We'll have to do it again sometime.
Thu 28/12/00 at 21:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
Another one was joining with other Star Wars fans to write our own Star Wars story, starring the Star Wars fans who wrote the Star Wars story which starred the Star Wars fan which was written by the Star Wars fans.
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:25
Regular
cloud strife wrote:
> Perfect Dark brought FPS up to a new level.

I think that's right it's got the sound, graphics and realism to make it great.
Thu 28/12/00 at 14:58
Regular
Hello everybody. I've been away for a while, but it's a long story.

Anywho, greatest gaming moment?

Perhaps the rebirth of Nintendo at August, when they announced the Gamecube...

Perhaps the release of one of the greatest games ever, which seemed to appear out of nowhere after four years, Deus Ex...

Perhaps the greatest moment was when I discovered this site, and found people to share my insanity over games with, and winning a few games as well...

Perhaps the shoddy release of PS2?... Nah. : )

It's been quite a good year for us gamers. But next year, I think, is going to be the best yet.

Some decent games will come out for the PS2. Ant will be happy.

The release of the Gamecube in time for Christmas? I hope so.

Some of the most anticipated games ever shall be released. I know there are some, but I can't think of any at the moment...

Oh, and that E3 thingy, which looks quite good...
Thu 28/12/00 at 09:22
Smackdown 2 was a highight it is such a good game, but also Perfect Dark brought FPS up to a new level. Dreamcast the first ever on-line console, X-Box and Gamecube being annouced was pretty exciting.
The PS2 was a memorable for the botched Paris launch and the whole British fiasco.
But the biggest success story has to be the Pokemon Franchise it went from strength to strength and I think that it will continue...
On a personal note the most dissapointing was FFIX and Black and White, being put back to next year...Oh well we can't have everything
Thu 28/12/00 at 07:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Actually, I think we may all share the same highlight, that Charity thing.

Imagine being able to blag a PS2 off Sony, then getting a stand and a widescreen and to date, 10 (?) games for it, and sending it all to Great Ormond Street Hospital. For free. That made us all, I think, feel a little better about ourselves. But that blag has to be the highlight of the year, surely? Well done SR for that. And we can all pat ourselves on the back for improving the quality of our posts because of it.
Wed 27/12/00 at 22:22
Regular
"not dead"
Anyway, gaming moment of 2000?

Some of the Nintendo stuff was really funny, like when it was leaked that the name of the new console might be the StarCube!

Then we got to see what it looked like, and despite the awesome video footage, the main point of discussion was what it looked like!

Games wise there were quite a few impressive titles, The Sims showed that there were still original ideas out there.

Majora's Mask proved that using a re-hashed game engine can actually lead to a completely different game to the original!
Wed 27/12/00 at 22:17
Regular
"not dead"
Ali@specialreserve wrote:
> How about "that" Eminem cover by a certain SR regular?
> Perhaps the finest post seen this year and the original that
> spawned a thousand rubbish imitations (no offence).

I guess mine weren't so bad, you awarded 2 of them gameaday, and besides, I only did it for charity!
Wed 27/12/00 at 18:59
"possibly impossible"
My gaming moment of 2000 was finding that I suddenly had lots of good reasons to have bought a Dreamcast earlier in the year. MSR and Shenmue are both fantastic games and I still can't believe that games can be that good.

That, and winning Gameaday!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.