GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST OF 2000 - OPINIONS PLEASE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/12/00 at 13:55
Regular
Well, it was one hell of a year! The Dreamcast went from strength to strength, the PS2 came...and went and we saw a glimpse of the future with the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox. But want we want to know is, what were your highlights? What were your favourite gaming moments from the year 2000? Bung them all in here and tell everyone what kind of year you had and you could win the game of your choice, every day! See http://Gameaday.co.uk for more details. Happy reminiscing!
Wed 27/12/00 at 13:55
Well, it was one hell of a year! The Dreamcast went from strength to strength, the PS2 came...and went and we saw a glimpse of the future with the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft Xbox. But want we want to know is, what were your highlights? What were your favourite gaming moments from the year 2000? Bung them all in here and tell everyone what kind of year you had and you could win the game of your choice, every day! See http://Gameaday.co.uk for more details. Happy reminiscing!
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:19
My highlight was undoubtedly the release of Samba De Amigo. It arrived via a parcel company in a huge 75cms protective box.I opened the package, connected everything up and the most jubilant virtual monkey I've ever met started dancing to me! I could not believe the insanity of this game, and realy didn't have a clue how to play or what I should be doing and so the maracas were flying all over the place to the sound of Chumbawumba's tubthumping!

I now know how to play, and really must get fitter - I'm worn out on normal mode after 5 minutes! The funniest thing though was when my Grandma had a go! She's not the slimmest of people to put it kindly, but she still managed to get 34% and have a great laugh!

Samba is the ULTIMATE party game and can be played by everyone, although you should be careful not to overdo it and people with pace makers should read the instructions carefully due to the ultrasonic waves.

Superb!!!
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:21
Regular
Can he fix it Yes he can't!
But seriously do you all think Sony can fix it's troubles with the machine? It sounds like the machine acts really strangely when you do different things to it.

Still we might never see Nintendo's GameCube or the X-Box, though we will get to see a bit more of what they can achieve as a games machine. Anyway the best highlight was Sony mucking up their sales of the PS2, i'm not being bias but it gave the N64, Dreamcast and PS1 to sell alot more than before.

It showed that the Dreamcast can achieve with the DC after releasing the awesome ShenMue and somehow the N64 is still selling at a good rate even when the PS1 is selling even more. But if Sony fix their troubles what will happen.................we will have to wait and see in 2001.
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:24
Regular
We might not see them next year i meant.
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:24
My favourite moment of 2000 (apart from every single moment I worked here) was undoubtedly watching the Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty trailer for the first time. The graphics, the story, the mechanoids...it were all too much! Personally, i'm wetting my pants at the prospect of playing this and i'm sure that my first play of MGS2 would be my moment of 2001 as well. Anyone else feel like this?
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:27
(checks pants...) no!
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:27
Regular
Do you get to go to those game shows or not? Let me know what the GC and Z-Box games are like if you can!
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:28
I wish I could. Muggins here just sits in his chair, working for the man.
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:32
Regular
Where's Tony? So you don't even get to go out to any shows still? It would be great with you doing coverage on ECTS, with all those movies and screenshots as well and your own impressions on the games and their consoles.
Wed 27/12/00 at 14:39
I can go to ECTS if I want, but i was too busy this year, what with work an' all. Talking of work, i really should be doing some.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.