GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOTR: THE TWO TOWERS!!!!!! *Thread contains spoilers*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
at 12.15 today i left school got on the bus and wen straight to the nearest cinema to watch the greatest middle film of a trilogy. WAT A FILM!!!!!! It was much better than the first one and that takes some beating. Although Christopher Lee's not in a lot, great battle scenes and great effects. Totally brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's no way u can miss this one it's superb!!!!!!! sorry that i haven't given more detail in this post but i didn't want to spoil the film.
Thu 09/01/03 at 23:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, his skin looked a bit greener in Moria.
Thu 09/01/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Peter Jackson "Said", that is.
Thu 09/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Gollum will be changed in a future edition of the Fellowship of the Ring when all the films come out, as he said he didn't match the Gollum in TTT.
Thu 09/01/03 at 17:48
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Um, I know a lot about optical effects and the way they, and films,
> are made. As for the character (forget his name) no, I don't think
> they should've used a guy in a suit. They should've used CGI... but
> done it WELL! I love CGI, it allows film creators to do almost
> anything (try making The Matrix back in the '80s) But only when it's
> done RIGHT. The only company I've seen that nearly always does an
> excellent job is ILM, but cheaper (and inferior) companies offer to do
> it for a lot less money, and in turn, the effects aren't of the same
> quality. Simple as that. Just look at Gladiator, done by a small
> company. Looks terrible.

What are you? A film snob? You certainly aren't a critic. You remind me of a couple I know who think they are connoisseurs of Indian food because they used to work in an Indian restaurant. They aren't connoisseurs, they're just fools.

Did you watch the film thinking "Ah, I can't enjoy this, the effects aren't up to my bewilderingly high standards"? I'm imagining that you did. Meanwhile, most other people are enjoying the film for what it is, and enjoying what are actually well used effects.

Get your head out of your backside and try to remember that films are there to be enjoyed - a form of entertainment - people don't spend millions putting a film together so you can look down your nose at it and criticise it for not meeting stupid standards that few others are arrogant enough to share.

Get a life.
Thu 09/01/03 at 17:16
"The Will of D."
Stryke wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Disgusted his family banished him, so
> he went to hide in the caverns of the misty mountains, where the
> sunlight, or moonlight couldnt hurt his eyes.
>
> --
>
> Nah, they never found out about Deagol. He hung around his home for a
> while before the Ring started to corrupt him. They banished him for
> stealing stuff.

and for being a Nosy-parker and listening in to their private conversations.
Wed 08/01/03 at 17:58
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Disgusted his family banished him, so
> he went to hide in the caverns of the misty mountains, where the
> sunlight, or moonlight couldnt hurt his eyes.

--

Nah, they never found out about Deagol. He hung around his home for a while before the Ring started to corrupt him. They banished him for stealing stuff.
Wed 08/01/03 at 12:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well it appears as though there will be a scene either in Return of The King or the extended Two Towers film which shows how the ring came into Smeagol's possesion.

Check out these links, they're is a photo which showsSmeagol and Deagol finding the ring, and a photo of Smeagol begining to change into the creature Gollum.

http://www.theonering.net/movie/scrapbook/large/5772

http://www.theonering.net/movie/scrapbook/large/5771
Tue 07/01/03 at 22:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well Gollum would sometimes lure people to her lair. And since he is such a scrawny bag of bones Shelob didnt eat him.
Tue 07/01/03 at 21:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
What kind of things for Shelob?
Tue 07/01/03 at 21:04
I think in the book, it was his brother, Deagol or something who found the ring while fishing. Then Smeagol thought it looked beautiful, and because it was his birthday, he said he wanted it. Deagol said no, Smeagol killed him, and then went off and did some stuff for Shelob and wandered around a bit and then sat in his cave for five hundred years. Smeagol aka Gollum, this is your life!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.