GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R'.
Sun 16/10/05 at 02:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Out right this minute, allot of retailers seem to be stocking it early despite it’s Tuesday release date, heck, I’ve even seen it on the shelves at my local ASDA, and they’re crap for selling the latest PC games. My copy was waiting for me this morning and first impressions are very good. If you liked the demo, you’ll find little to disappoint with the full version.

The AI is top notch, the first time I’ve actually found myself being flanked by enemies, pinned down by their weapons, flushed out with grenades and even encircled by those I foolishly though just ran away to hide. It gives the action sequences a much more cinematic feel. The scary bits are plentiful too, the demo only gave a brief taste of these, there are many more in the full game, some of which only made me go ‘meh’ others made me whimper like a little sissy.

It’s certainly not varied, if your not shooting things then you tend to be in dark, dingy corridors waiting for the next apparition to appear, but damn, it’s fun, perhaps some of the most fun I’ve had with a FPS for a long while.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Captain to you."
:(

You've been playing this rather than jumping in a car and personally driving to deliver mine.

I don't think any game will ever have guns that feel as good for me as Farcry's did they were just perfect, i wish every game had the feel right like them.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've heard some people are having problems with performance, Though I can't say I've suffered from any myself. Everything run smooth, even when there are lots of things being shooted.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:29
Regular
"serenity now!"
Pros:

Best combat/fight sequences I've ever played (in SP), most intelligent enemies I've ever faced. I've never seen squads work together and create and use cover like they have in this game. Guns all feel meaty and powerful, though it's a shame we've seen them all in the demo. I love the scoped assault rifle.

Cons:

The first part hasn't exactly been scary, though it gets better when you change locations. Talking of locations, I have never seen so many shades of grey in my life - I long for a green or red, or something to liven up the surroundings.

The environments being so samey is a big minus point for me, but the combat (and that's what we play for, right?) makes you forget about this instantly. Every fight is different, and squads will change tactics when you approach a scenario in a different way.

This game rules, I love it.

edit: Performance seems to have been improved since the demo. Not huge changes, but I get clearly better FPS than I did in the demo.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Captain to you."
I assume you'd get the same FPS as latest multiplayer demo.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:17
Regular
What graphics card you got Nash?
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:14
Regular
I want this bad, I just hope it doesn't do a B&W2 and give me a crap fps :' (
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Captain to you."
I enjoy stubbing my toe more than HL2, I'm waiting for SR to send me my free copy :(
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
So has no one else got this yet? I'm actually enjoying far more than Half Life 2, which I loved.
Sun 16/10/05 at 02:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Out right this minute, allot of retailers seem to be stocking it early despite it’s Tuesday release date, heck, I’ve even seen it on the shelves at my local ASDA, and they’re crap for selling the latest PC games. My copy was waiting for me this morning and first impressions are very good. If you liked the demo, you’ll find little to disappoint with the full version.

The AI is top notch, the first time I’ve actually found myself being flanked by enemies, pinned down by their weapons, flushed out with grenades and even encircled by those I foolishly though just ran away to hide. It gives the action sequences a much more cinematic feel. The scary bits are plentiful too, the demo only gave a brief taste of these, there are many more in the full game, some of which only made me go ‘meh’ others made me whimper like a little sissy.

It’s certainly not varied, if your not shooting things then you tend to be in dark, dingy corridors waiting for the next apparition to appear, but damn, it’s fun, perhaps some of the most fun I’ve had with a FPS for a long while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.