GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R'.
Sun 16/10/05 at 02:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Out right this minute, allot of retailers seem to be stocking it early despite it’s Tuesday release date, heck, I’ve even seen it on the shelves at my local ASDA, and they’re crap for selling the latest PC games. My copy was waiting for me this morning and first impressions are very good. If you liked the demo, you’ll find little to disappoint with the full version.

The AI is top notch, the first time I’ve actually found myself being flanked by enemies, pinned down by their weapons, flushed out with grenades and even encircled by those I foolishly though just ran away to hide. It gives the action sequences a much more cinematic feel. The scary bits are plentiful too, the demo only gave a brief taste of these, there are many more in the full game, some of which only made me go ‘meh’ others made me whimper like a little sissy.

It’s certainly not varied, if your not shooting things then you tend to be in dark, dingy corridors waiting for the next apparition to appear, but damn, it’s fun, perhaps some of the most fun I’ve had with a FPS for a long while.
Tue 25/10/05 at 00:11
Regular
Hahah
Tue 25/10/05 at 00:07
Regular
"Captain to you."
[URL]http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?io8uprv04ms[/URL] in case people missed it.
Mon 24/10/05 at 23:52
Regular
Whoa, just played the demo for the first time. Gave me the craps :' (
The girl at the stairs and then the ghost-guy at the bottom, ArghH!Hh! I shot him for about 3 seconds until i stopped crying, and then i looked and he was gone. And then the corridor! afrata!

I wan to play it all but I don't take being scared well, and that was actually scary, not Doom 3 style, where "scary" means "predictable and dull"

Someone hold me : (
Sun 23/10/05 at 16:44
Regular
6800gt
Sun 23/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
What's your card?
Sun 23/10/05 at 11:28
Regular
Got another gig of RAM and I can play it on full settings with no stuttering. It's fantastic.
Fri 21/10/05 at 01:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's a short game, got it on Saturday and completed it on sunday, although it was the only game I played at the weekend, and is definately something I'll be going back to. Also, though I don't want to spoil it, the ending = :-0
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:13
Regular
"Captain to you."
Got F.E.A.R today but Fable and Serious Sam 2 are keeping me entertained so i haven't bothered installing it yet.

Quake 4 so soon :' )
Wed 19/10/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
still waiting for mine :(
Wed 19/10/05 at 14:29
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
My system isn't brilliant, but I might try it anyway...

SR are showing it 'In Stock' now...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.