GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R'.
Sun 16/10/05 at 02:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Out right this minute, allot of retailers seem to be stocking it early despite it’s Tuesday release date, heck, I’ve even seen it on the shelves at my local ASDA, and they’re crap for selling the latest PC games. My copy was waiting for me this morning and first impressions are very good. If you liked the demo, you’ll find little to disappoint with the full version.

The AI is top notch, the first time I’ve actually found myself being flanked by enemies, pinned down by their weapons, flushed out with grenades and even encircled by those I foolishly though just ran away to hide. It gives the action sequences a much more cinematic feel. The scary bits are plentiful too, the demo only gave a brief taste of these, there are many more in the full game, some of which only made me go ‘meh’ others made me whimper like a little sissy.

It’s certainly not varied, if your not shooting things then you tend to be in dark, dingy corridors waiting for the next apparition to appear, but damn, it’s fun, perhaps some of the most fun I’ve had with a FPS for a long while.
Wed 19/10/05 at 10:01
Regular
Bought this yesterday. Stutters so much on my 512mb ram. P.O.S.

Nice game though, bloodeh scareh.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:51
Regular
"Captain to you."
no :(
Tue 18/10/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Anyone receive this from SR today?
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:31
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just been running farcry on my previous settings for about 10mins and it was fine. I'll up them later when I can be bothered.
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:15
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'll just stick with the pipeline stuff for now. But i was just about to say I'd found the exact page you've just shown me, and am about to restart and do some testing :P
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:04
Regular
Sure, download a program called RivaTuner, and then follow the steps on this page [URL]http://firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_6800_unlocking/page2.asp[/URL] and then the next page.

Bear in mind though there's only around a 50% chance of being able to unlock the pipes. If it's successful, restart, and if there are no artifacts (which will basically appear as crap lines or blobs in the screen), then all is well, if so, then just use rivatuner to revert the process.

To overclock it a bit on the same program, press the button next to customise in the driver settings section, and click on the first one called system settings. Enable driver-level hardware overclocking, move the sliders up however much and then click test. If it says all is well then fine, if not, keep moving the sliders down a bit and keep testing.
Sun 16/10/05 at 19:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
J Nash wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> What graphics card you got Nash?
>
> 6800 Standard unlocked to 16 pipes and oc'ed a litle.
> I doubt I'd get problems with FEAR, I think I'm just being paranoid,
> BF2 and everything else runs like a dream.

Can I find somewhere to tell me how to do this? I have the same card, and would like to squeeze some more power from it. You got the 128mb version right?
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:46
Regular
Argh stop it!
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I like FEAR's weapons, I tend to stick with the basics though, duel handed pistols, Assault Rifle and shotgun.

And may I just say, FEAR Shotgun ------------> all other FPS shotguns ever.

I love it, get close enough and you can shoot people in half, or turn them into a bloody mist, it's perfect for the small corridor based levels.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:43
Regular
OddToe wrote:
> What graphics card you got Nash?

6800 Standard unlocked to 16 pipes and oc'ed a litle.
I doubt I'd get problems with FEAR, I think I'm just being paranoid, BF2 and everything else runs like a dream.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.