GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"land of the dead demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green'.
Sun 16/10/05 at 08:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Don't waste your time with it.

I think it's using an unreal engine not sure which one but it's not the latest. The game play is slow and simple, the fact that it's so slow means that no zombie ever gets to you as it's one shot per zombie straight through the head.

There are a few bodies on the floor but rather than the classic bite to leg the zombie gets up making noise and taking about 2-3 seconds before it comes for you meaning to get too much warning that there's one behind you.

They just seemed to have missed what would have made this game truely great, even the super simple ravenholm was closer to what i'd want a zombie game to be like.

Rather than this check out F.E.A.R and the Suffering 2
Sun 16/10/05 at 08:32
Regular
"Captain to you."
Unless theres going to be huge sections where you have no guns i can't see this being entertaining. Sure basing off a demo is bad as it' not a full represtation of the game, but it is meant to give you a feel for how the game is going to be. Unforunatly the design of it seems more arcadie as objectives take 1-2 minutes to complete.

Also the use of an old engine just seems like a waste when you have Land of the Dead as your game title. There are plenty of better engines that could have been used, even if they had used the Unreal 2 engine it would have been a vast improvement.

It's a bit of a bad time to try to bring out a horror game due to interest in F.E.A.R and anyone who played The Suffering will be checking out the The Suffering 2.

I was asleep from 10 till 3 as i didn't sleep the night before and spent the whole of yesterday moving my brothers stuff as he's moving flat.
Sun 16/10/05 at 08:09
Regular
"8==="
4 hours sleep or have you been up all-night like me?

You are basing this on a demo and some demos are very easy as they're usually comprised of the introduction levels of a game.

Later on it might get harder. Zombies are supposed to learn right? And the movie had them being able to use guns etc so I expect there's room for the game's difficulty to shift upwards as it progresses.
Sun 16/10/05 at 08:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Don't waste your time with it.

I think it's using an unreal engine not sure which one but it's not the latest. The game play is slow and simple, the fact that it's so slow means that no zombie ever gets to you as it's one shot per zombie straight through the head.

There are a few bodies on the floor but rather than the classic bite to leg the zombie gets up making noise and taking about 2-3 seconds before it comes for you meaning to get too much warning that there's one behind you.

They just seemed to have missed what would have made this game truely great, even the super simple ravenholm was closer to what i'd want a zombie game to be like.

Rather than this check out F.E.A.R and the Suffering 2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.