GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"land of the dead demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green'.
Sun 16/10/05 at 08:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Don't waste your time with it.

I think it's using an unreal engine not sure which one but it's not the latest. The game play is slow and simple, the fact that it's so slow means that no zombie ever gets to you as it's one shot per zombie straight through the head.

There are a few bodies on the floor but rather than the classic bite to leg the zombie gets up making noise and taking about 2-3 seconds before it comes for you meaning to get too much warning that there's one behind you.

They just seemed to have missed what would have made this game truely great, even the super simple ravenholm was closer to what i'd want a zombie game to be like.

Rather than this check out F.E.A.R and the Suffering 2
Mon 17/10/05 at 22:33
Regular
"8==="
If you have broadband it only takes about 5 mins as a torrent.
Mon 17/10/05 at 16:13
"Genius!"
Might try it sometime, is it a big file?
Mon 17/10/05 at 08:23
Regular
"8==="
Finished it. Got done in by the key movement first time around.

Those crawling ones don't half pick up speed when they get about 2m from you too. 3 of those at once might be nasty.
Mon 17/10/05 at 07:47
Regular
"8==="
Yay!

I got this running now and it's really good fun. IGN and Gamespot weren't joking about the small amounts of ammo, it's great reloading just in time and squeezing off a slow shot from the revolver just as one of the buggers is about to bite you.

I was playing it with the lights turned off and the sounds and the fact that the zombies can burst through from a number of different places were creeping me out: especially when the body bags moved (I tried to blow them up with a grenade but it wouldn't let me, which was a shame).

Those acid zombies are nasty and I swear one exploded with acid as I shot it, it's also pretty evil the way your view becomes obscured from the acid.

I encountered about 4 at once but from what I've seen of footage from a gas station level it looks like there's larger numbers later on.

With this being online too it's going to be high on my 'to get' list, it's certainly no Doom 3 but I think they've made the right decisions and made a really fun zombie game here. :)
Mon 17/10/05 at 07:20
Regular
"8==="
I downloaded it and ran it but it's so slow it may aswell not be moving at all on my 450.

Suprised my machine could even get the graphics up to that level, they seemed nice in their staticness.

I'm going to run it again and tinker with the option settings in a bit to see if I can get it running at a playable speed.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah, I was exaggerating with the 'dozen or so' comment, merely trying to point out it's annoying to get hurled on by zombies when I'm trying to fight off others at the same time, with rubbish weapons.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think cipro is drunk seeing triple and shoots like a girl.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> WHAT?
>
> I didn't get any dozen zombies,

Most I got on screen was 4.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Captain to you."
WHAT?

I didn't get any dozen zombies, the most i got coming at me was 2-3 and every shot from my pistol killed one thats why i didn't like it, acid spitting? i got some that had a dangerous walk that was about it.

If i'd have had lots of zombies to fight off it probably would have been better.
Sun 16/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> And while I haven't seen the movie, I think I'm
> right in guessing it doesn't contain acid spitting zombies?
>
> Nope, but that's one part of the game I really thought was cool. But
> then, I love seeing bowking zombies.

I just found them annoying, no so much because they threw up acid, but that they did it when I already surrounded by a dozen or so zombies which I failed to keep at bay thanks to the rubbish weapons. And I'm sure one them exploded too. Man this game is wierd, and crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.