GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2006"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2006'.
Fri 21/10/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Oh yeah! Got my copy today and I must say the new features really work well!

The team talk is very effective, I was 2-0 up and it gave me the choice to say "Dont get too complacent" which really made my team defend well while also trying to get in more oppotunities for Henry and Reyes.

Theres quite a few other features like the 'Manager Snapshot' which you can view by clicking on your manager name. It has lots of info on one screen, everything you need to know like your next opponent, league position, transfer budget etc.

This game has so much depth it's unbelievable.

Go buy it.
Mon 24/10/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Bicycle"
I do tactics, and bring in some talent, generally not obsesing over youngsters.

Usually bring in a player in each (general) position, GK, D, MF and ST.

On another note - is FM2006 worth £30? I mean, my CM / FM cycle is usually to buy it once every two years... And from the looks of it, FM '06 doesn't update FM '05 all that much.
Mon 24/10/05 at 10:15
Regular
"Mozzy"
I do the same as Kawada.
Mon 24/10/05 at 01:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I don't do anything about individual tactics but i do change the team's tactics. Often go for an quick attacking short passing game down both flanks with the option on the counter attack
Mon 24/10/05 at 00:39
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Is it a case of buying the players, sticking them on the pitch and
> hoping for the best, or do you spend much time on tactics?

I usually spend quite a bit on tactics...usually do everyone's individual tactics too. I don't think you can really win anything by just sticking players on the pitch tbh.
Mon 24/10/05 at 00:25
Regular
I was wondering, how do you guys usually play the FM games?

Is it a case of buying the players, sticking them on the pitch and hoping for the best, or do you spend much time on tactics?
Sun 23/10/05 at 20:35
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Despite being a football fan this is my first ever dip into Football manager.

Managing Norwich :)
Played half of my first season. Currently 2nd and just walloped Crewe 7-0

Great game.
Sun 23/10/05 at 20:03
Regular
"Mozzy"
First poor result as Arsenal - lost 2-0 to Schalke in the CL group stages, not a good start... :(
Sun 23/10/05 at 18:32
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Arghh... Paid for 1st class delivery, and hasn't come yet (Obv. wouldn't come today) Anyways, if it ain't ere tomorrow, heads will roll...
Sun 23/10/05 at 16:19
Regular
Recoba's gotten 8 for me in all the matches he's played in (4 so far.) £11 million for Messi? I got him for £4 million ^_^ I also bought Alex from PSV for £9 million, my defence needed strengthning.
Sun 23/10/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Mozzy"
Is Recoba worth getting? I actually need an attacking midfielder and was going to get Leo Messi, but Barcelona wont even accpet £11M for him so I might try and get Recoba instead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.