GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution - Any basic info?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/10/05 at 14:20
Regular
Anyone give me a link (or answers) for the following info:

1. Any idea of launch date/price etc?
2. How will the whole backwards compatibility work?
3. Will it purely be for games or play DVD's etc?
4. Any form of online play planned?

Cheers :-)
Mon 07/11/05 at 12:46
Regular
"8==="
I suppose there might be a cheap 3rd party adapter/modem to fix the problem if there's enough demand.

How did the plotting go?
Mon 07/11/05 at 12:38
Regular
As far as I'm concerned the Rev online isn't an option as it's only wireless as far as I can tell. And I'm not going to fork out for a wireless router just to play it.

Shame really as I was starting to get quite interested in it...
Mon 07/11/05 at 12:31
Regular
"8==="
Compared to the PC-setup that was being talked about.

Until the first online FPS launches on the Rev I'm not really going to be bothered about their online setup.
Mon 07/11/05 at 09:28
Regular
That's nice.

Nintendo's online service is really shaping up to be something special. Perhaps a Live beater.
Sun 06/11/05 at 22:13
Regular
"8==="
I much prefer Xbox Live.
Sun 06/11/05 at 22:11
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
pc online games are where its at the moment in terms of connection and price, so nintendo have done the riht thing in making the online thing free, just hope it doesnt lag like a bit**
Sun 06/11/05 at 21:44
Regular
Rumpadodosnitzle wrote:

> Oh how we all luaghed at the XBOX....

We did? How??? The Gamecube didn't even have a DVD player.

> 4. Any form of online play planned?
>
> Pretty much designed as an online console. Animal Crossing, Metroid
> PRime 3 and Smash brothers are all almost certainly online titles.
>
>
>
> And claimed the cube never needed online play...Its no fun anyway!

I did to be fair. But have caught the online bug.
Sat 05/11/05 at 16:06
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
and you know this how? you shigsy in disguise or summit
Sat 05/11/05 at 16:03
Regular
"yo"
the revolution should be coming out 2006 at £169.99
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:21
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Anyone give me a link (or answers) for the following info:
>
> 1. Any idea of launch date/price etc?

Rumours are circulating June at the moment. MVC has the most realistic date of September... but may be delayed till november. A wordwide launch seems likely.

> 2. How will the whole backwards compatibility work?

Gamecube discs fit into the machine and you can use the cube controller or the revolution "cradle" which enables "normal" games and backward compatible ones. N64/NES/SNES games are downloaded onto flash memory cards. These games can be bought, given away promotionally and as STAR catalogue potential purchases. As for a hard drive it was initially intended to be a flash card and still is, but Nintendo have recently patented a "system that uses online play and a hard disk drive" so we'll see.

> 3. Will it purely be for games or play DVD's etc?

It can play DVD's. With a cheapy add on.

> 4. Any form of online play planned?

Pretty much designed as an online console. Animal Crossing, Metroid PRime 3 and Smash brothers are all almost certainly online titles.

> Cheers :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.