GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution - Any basic info?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/10/05 at 14:20
Regular
Anyone give me a link (or answers) for the following info:

1. Any idea of launch date/price etc?
2. How will the whole backwards compatibility work?
3. Will it purely be for games or play DVD's etc?
4. Any form of online play planned?

Cheers :-)
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:51
Regular
You'd need a bit of jumping/puzzling/morph balling mind you in order for it to be Metroid.

But those elements can be what seperates MP from its rivals. With the revolution controller it must be tempting for Nintendo and Retro Studio's to go for a more traditional FPS control system.

I for one would welcome it. Especially if it brings as many FPS developers Nintendo's way as it has Microsoft.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:43
Regular
"NJAN"
Hedfix wrote:

> So it could well be the next gen Goldeneye. Perhaps the biggest FPS
> since Halo.
>
> Hmmm, we'll see.

If MP3 is developed as a FPS (not as a FPA, as Dringo said) and has the new Revo controller implemented properly, I think it could be a Halo beater.

Hell, if MP3 is a straight FPS (without the new controller), it would be a Halo beater!

Well, here's hoping anyway!
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:40
Regular
"8==="
I gave it quite a bit of time as I was really looking forward to the game.

From a multiplayer perspective it's really poor, nobody wanted to play it and I really couldn't blame them considering one of the small amount of battle levels was: A SQUARE!

It's like a lot of other titles on the Cube where the multiplayer has been lacking or non-existant, if it wasn't for SSBM and SMB my first Cube would've been useless for multiplayer and gone even quicker.

The N64 was full of great multiplayer games from Forsaken to Road Rash 64 and Goldeneye to Mario Kart. The Cube has been a major let down for people who like to play games with their friends: Mario Party just doesn't cut it in this day and age.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:27
Regular
I'm with you Hedfix, a proper FPS (none of this FPA) and it looks like that is the way Metroid is heading.

Although I'd like something totally new.

As for Double Dash I assume you haven't given it the time. It is my most played GAmecube game, my most played Mario Kart game and although the battle arena's are flawed I played them a lot over the summer and try playing the likes of shine thief.

I actually really enjoy the game!
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:24
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> MP3? Oh dear. Not quite what I had in mind.
>
> I understand your concern but talks from the Tokyo Games Show (where
> you could play the original Metroid Prime with the new controller)
> say that the new control system is more of a "traditional"
> FPS control system and would be ideal for a multiplayer.

Good.
>
> So it could well be the next gen Goldeneye. Perhaps the biggest FPS
> since Halo.

Hmmm, we'll see.

>
> Double Dash is fantastic.
>
> End of.
>

Nope.
>
>
> *bar the battle arenas, although if you play them a lot you'll learn
> to like them*

Balls.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:23
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DS wrote:
> MP owns everything.

I doubt it.

>
> And with the Rev light gun controller it's going to be the Goldeneye
> of the next Generation.

Ok... more like the analogue stick of the next generation.

>
>
> The MK:DD battle arenas were indeed awful, played it once in battle
> mode and never again.

Yep, really poor.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:22
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> MP3? Oh dear. Not quite what I had in mind.

I understand your concern but talks from the Tokyo Games Show (where you could play the original Metroid Prime with the new controller) say that the new control system is more of a "traditional" FPS control system and would be ideal for a multiplayer.

So it could well be the next gen Goldeneye. Perhaps the biggest FPS since Halo.

Double Dash is fantastic.

End of.

*bar the battle arenas, although if you play them a lot you'll learn to like them*
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:18
Regular
MP owns everything.

And with the Rev light gun controller it's going to be the Goldeneye of the next Generation.

The MK:DD battle arenas were indeed awful, played it once in battle mode and never again.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:15
Regular
"NJAN"
Hedfix wrote:
> It should be good, no doubt they'll find some way to screw it up: like
> using the crappy arenas from the cube version instead of good ones
> like the N64 and SNES versions.

I think we are safe with the next installment of mario kart - it looks to be feature-packed and a whole bucket of fun. And it seems that they know that the series has gone somewhat downhill since the SNES version.
In an interview with Game|Life, Hideki Konno (a producer in the Nintendo EAD) recons they bettered Super Mario Kart from the SNES...

"If you look at the volume of Mario Kart DS, in every aspect of the game... I think we've done it. We've surpassed Super Mario Kart".

Good news for all future Mario Karters methinks.

PS. Anyone who is worried about finding opponents for Mario Kart DS online, check out this site http://www.wifikarts.co.uk/ - they are setting up big karting tournaments. Should be interesting!
Mon 07/11/05 at 20:43
Regular
"8==="
Hopefully.

That really was a glorious Ninty **** up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.