GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moderators Only Thread - Sign up & be a Mod"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/09/06 at 11:05
Regular
So how are things in your forum? Had any problems? If only they didnt make the registartion so strict maybe we would have a little more work to do heh.

I'm guessing the most you've done is sticky a thread, well I suppose that's a good thing. I really dislike bossy mods, feeling the need to use their powers as much as possible, like deleting double posts or closing threads because a similiar thread was made in 2001.

I still think there should be an incentive to being a mod, so then I can have more forums to post in :) like an Intelligent Discussion and Review forum. The light blue colour just isn't enough I guess :D
Fri 29/09/06 at 13:27
"possibly impossible"
yes, come on staff...

...Please?...
Fri 29/09/06 at 12:57
Regular
:o Get him!

Yes it's not too much trouble to mod more than one forum :) atleast 2 would be good enough.
Fri 29/09/06 at 12:46
Regular
"..."
Moderators only eh?

Yes, Dringo's story was very good..
Fri 29/09/06 at 11:54
"possibly impossible"
I'm a mod for the Creative forum, hence I haven't had to do anything!

Would love to be a mod for the Intelligent Discussion forum as well though if the rules were relaxed on having just one forum to mod.

Although nice to see Dringo's win for his story. Very good story, I thought. Go read it!
Fri 29/09/06 at 11:38
Regular
"lets go back"
I did the sticky thing on day one just to see how to do it. Other than that Ive not had to do anything really. There are never any abbusive posts to delete or anything.
Fri 29/09/06 at 11:24
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I haven't done anything except try and make a thread sticky, and that didn't even work. I've been on every day bar about 5 when I was at a music festival, and I've yet to come across anything that deserved a barring or anything.

It's certainly a lot cleaner than it used to be.
Fri 29/09/06 at 11:05
Regular
So how are things in your forum? Had any problems? If only they didnt make the registartion so strict maybe we would have a little more work to do heh.

I'm guessing the most you've done is sticky a thread, well I suppose that's a good thing. I really dislike bossy mods, feeling the need to use their powers as much as possible, like deleting double posts or closing threads because a similiar thread was made in 2001.

I still think there should be an incentive to being a mod, so then I can have more forums to post in :) like an Intelligent Discussion and Review forum. The light blue colour just isn't enough I guess :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.