GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moderators Only Thread - Sign up & be a Mod"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/09/06 at 11:05
Regular
So how are things in your forum? Had any problems? If only they didnt make the registartion so strict maybe we would have a little more work to do heh.

I'm guessing the most you've done is sticky a thread, well I suppose that's a good thing. I really dislike bossy mods, feeling the need to use their powers as much as possible, like deleting double posts or closing threads because a similiar thread was made in 2001.

I still think there should be an incentive to being a mod, so then I can have more forums to post in :) like an Intelligent Discussion and Review forum. The light blue colour just isn't enough I guess :D
Fri 29/09/06 at 20:33
"possibly impossible"
I didn't want to say anything tnc, but.... :D

Anyway. We still need to lean on the staff to try and get us more forums to mod per user. If that gets done I'm happy to mod either the Intelligent Discussion or the Reviews forums.

I mean, all the current mods are trusted by now, aren't they?
Fri 29/09/06 at 20:26
Regular
tnc wrote: Been busy with all the fun of AS essays and Latin translations

Tell me about it, german translations and AS essays, so much more effort than gcse....
Fri 29/09/06 at 20:22
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I think the review forum is a great idea so I'd be happy to mod that, but if you need a person to go for the ID forum to get it running, I'm equally happy to help out.
Fri 29/09/06 at 20:14
Regular
Hey hey! I was meant to judge the SSC2 comp about a week back I've realised, so I'll try and do it this weekend. Been busy with all the fun of AS essays and Latin translations =\

It's like pb said really, Creative Writing isn't exactly the type of place that needs a lot of modding. Having said that, I deleted a post because it was offensive and encouraged 'flaming'. Other than that all I did was make a sticky.

Such effort =]
Fri 29/09/06 at 18:54
Regular
Intelligent Disucssion Forum - Mumbai Duck, Chaos, Smedlos
Similiar to the old one, just with less arguing ;) should be great getting it back

WWE Forum - Alfonse
Would be nice to get this back as we still have lots of WWE fans around. Feel free to include other sports if it'll help. Got several martial artists :)

Review Forum - Silent Thunder*
This is where you go to find reviews, no longer will you have to refer to 5+ different forums. Game reviews, DVD reviews, movie reviews, mp3 player reviews, dvd player reviews, HD TV reviews, digital camera reviews, software reviews, website reviews and so on. Might help bring back a GAD for Reviews.

* - or Intelligent Discussion if one short

----

Awaiting reconfirmation

CM Gone
Snake11

----

Any other forums people might like? The only one we're missing is the Web Development forum. I wouldnt mind an anime forum now that we finally have more fans on the forum heh.
Fri 29/09/06 at 17:59
Regular
There is no way in hell I'm modding a WWE forum.

But I don't mind doing ID.
Fri 29/09/06 at 17:33
Regular
Then we just need one more for the WWE forum (as long as CM doesnt mind starting it up again) then we can set it up as well as the ID forum :)
Fri 29/09/06 at 17:30
Regular
I wanna mod the WWE forum...
Fri 29/09/06 at 17:28
Regular
No I think we need a few more girls for that :)

The four forums suggested in the past were;

- Intelligent Discussion
- Reviews (from mp3 players to digital cameras)
- WWE
- Online Media (Myspace, YouTube, etc)

Don't think we came up with anything else. :/
Fri 29/09/06 at 17:24
Regular
Yay we could set up the GirlTalk forum together. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.