GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Christmas Countdown!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 17:23
Regular
Let's talk about stuff here, have like a big Christmas SR topic. For the following topcis per date:

2nd - Getting Started, what you think of the topic etc.
3-5 - 'What I think I'm getting for Christmas'
6-9 - 'What I'm giving for Christmas'
10-12 - 'What I like most about Christmas'
13-15 - 'Christmas Dinner'
16-18 - 'Christmas TV'
19-21 - 'My Christmas Tree'
22-24 - Excitement period - general talk
25 - It's Christmas. Get off a chat forum, you loser.
26-31 - Breakdown/What I got for Christmas/Interesting thing happened to me on Christmas Day/Favourite aprt of Christmas/Anything else.
1 - We can let it drop by this point. Or by tomorrow, depending on whehter you like this topic or not.
Tue 10/12/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
What I like about Christmas

Well I usually prefer the run up to Christmas rather than the actual day... just remembering the feeling as a kid... so excited you felt sick, sleepless nights on Christmas Eves Eve and Christmas Eve.

The fact my parents are off work and all relaxed and stuff... the atmosphere, music, crackers, food etc.

Love it all
Wed 11/12/02 at 17:22
Regular
I love all of Christmas. The atmosphere, the enjoyment, the fact that no-one is in a bad mood. The fact that it's the one day of the year that allows you to feel greedy all over, free of guilt.
I also like the feeling in the evening, when it's coming to an end, and you are watching crap on TV. You don't mind that it's crap - its' Christmas! And you can try out new stuff you've got.
I also like the feeling of happiness you get when someone clearly likes a present you've given them, and they say Thanks and you sort of ignore it because you are too modest.

I don't, however, like Turkey. But I like eating it on Christmas. And I like eating stuff like Miniature Heroes and After Eights.

I also like waking up on Xmas morning, with that wonderful feeling.

Ooh, I'm making myself feel really fuzzy. :-)
Fri 13/12/02 at 16:59
Regular
Christmas Dinner

As I said before, I hate Turkey, but on Xmas I just make do and only have a little portion. I love Yorksire Puddings, Roast Potatoes, Carrots, a bit of gravy. A glass of wine (it's Xmas!. I don't have to worry about looking like a poof on Xmas.) I'm usually too full to eat any pudding, and seeing we open our presents after dinner, I really don't want to. I usually eat chocolates all throughout the afternoon.
Sun 15/12/02 at 19:16
Regular
Jingle POP
Sun 15/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
When I was young I never really appreciated Christmas dinner as I wanted to go play with presents.

However, now I like it. The food isn't my favourite bad I love the atmosphere and stuff. I help my mum do the turkey and the triffle on Christmas Eve.

Homemade soup to start with... then we have turkey, small sausages, roast potatoes, crappy vegetable stuff etc

And desert and all with crackers in between and coffee and mints to finish.

We have out dinner around 7/8pm now and we have a small buffet around 4/5 which has sausage rolls etc.

Mmmm
Mon 16/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
The only thing I really like about TV at Christmas is Christmas specials of my favourite shows, and the selection of good films being premiered on TV. I feel sorry for the live presenters, working on Xmas. Generally though, I tend to either go off and play any new games I've got, or stick around with whatever the family is doing - if they're watching TV, I watch it. Until some poxy soap opera comes on, then I go back off and do something else.
Tue 17/12/02 at 09:43
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I rarely watch TV but at Christmas I tend to just laze around and watch old films but I cannot abide the reruns of the Christmas specials.

Also (I know this is late) - my traditional Christmas dinner is cheese and tomato sandwiches - wonderful!!
Tue 17/12/02 at 09:45
"Large and in Charge"
Foreman wrote:
> Anyone got a Advent Calender?
>
> :-D

I got a nice big chocolat one for myself.
Tue 17/12/02 at 09:48
"Large and in Charge"
I love everything about Christmas besides haveing to get into that Santa sute for my kids.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:39
Regular
I want to watch Fight Club, American Beauty and The Great Escape when they are on. All 3 are films I've never seen but really want to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.