GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Betting League - Roma Vs Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 18:53
Regular
Foreman started his League - and now it's war! Basically, expect me to get to every good game first so he can't do them.
Oh, and I thank you all for rewarding my hard work with your votes in the Notable election. All none of you. :-)
Mandatare 9000
phi11ip 5100
Reddy 1170
Reynolds 260
XRALi/Tequila Sunset 260
El Blokey 90
Figo 8
Foreman 5
AfroJoe 5
Expletive Deleted 5
Jetster 5
James Pond 5
Solskjaer 1
Dead Wonder 1
Natbuc 1
Ortega 1
Mr. Ritze 1
Quinty 1
Absolut Neo 1
Shadow 1
Badgerman 1

5 times wypo if Roma win
6 times wypo if Arsenal win
4 times wypo if it's a draw

*If you lose all your points in the Barce-Real event, you will automatically put 1 point on your choice.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:57
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'd say our current form is okay. Bearing in mind that November is
> historically a bad month for us, I think we're doing okay!

To me, you haven't fully recovered your form following your historic stretch of defeats. You've gone from unbeatable premiership champions to a team pretty much anyone has a chance of taking points from. And beating Roma was hardly a trouncing, you got very lucky, and the result was flattering in terms of the chances you got, and those you gave away.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:55
"High polygon count"
§n][pe® wrote:
> im impressed with shabaan the so called rookie he makes seaman
> look old!

Seaman is old! Still a great keeper though.

Shaaban seemed a bit hesitant on a couple of occasions, and he did spill one ball - over all though, it was a great performance. Saved a few blistering shots, and there was nothing he could've done about their goal.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:54
"Darkness, always"
§n][pe® wrote:
> lol the sound of a bias fan........
> we deserved it, would you go bash man u like this after such a great
> performance?

I didn't think our performance on tuesday night was particularly great. We conceded a poor goal, and were constantly threatened on the break. Defence was inexperienced, and the midfield wasn't great either. RVN saved us, as Henry saved you.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:51
Regular
campbell was superb last night bit dodgy at the start but rock solid after. im impressed with shabaan the so called rookie he makes seaman look old!
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:47
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> You have to admit, Sol is getting dodgier with every game!

He's had a few average games, yes. But he can do better, and he should return to that form. Even so, with Keown fit again, we can rest him if necessary. I've honestly never been that big a fan of Campbell anyway.

> Arsenal did their fair share of tackling, and not all of it was
> clever.

True, but we can mix it with the best of them. We try to play our football, and if they try to kick us out of our game, we can give as good as we get. We have the best of both worlds. :-)

> On your current form? No. Pray that he stays in your lineup.

Current form? Current form is excellent. We were simply unfortunate to lose to Southampton. Battered them in the closing stages of the game, just couldn't get the goal. Should have beaten Newcastle by more, but for their 'keeper we would have. Beat Fulham, who beat Liverpool. And just dismissed one of the biggest and best clubs in the CL.

I'd say our current form is okay. Bearing in mind that November is historically a bad month for us, I think we're doing okay!
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:43
Regular
lol the sound of a bias fan........
we deserved it, would you go bash man u like this after such a great performance?
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:40
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Dodgy hacking? That belongs in the Roma section! They got 3
> bookings, we got none.

You have to admit, Sol is getting dodgier with every game!

> Batistuta should have walked for one challenge
> just minutes after coming on,

Yeah, it's like during the Argentina v England game in the world cup, he was just randomly flying in unnecesarilly. He should have walked.

> and both Pires and Ljungberg were
> repeatedly taken out from behind.

Arsenal did their fair share of tackling, and not all of it was clever.

> You hope! He's been injured - the goals just come from elsewhere. :-)

On your current form? No. Pray that he stays in your lineup.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:33
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Shaky start, dodgy hacking, nice comeback.

Dodgy hacking? That belongs in the Roma section! They got 3 bookings, we got none. Batistuta should have walked for one challenge just minutes after coming on, and both Pires and Ljungberg were repeatedly taken out from behind.

> If that man gets injured, Arsenal will have problems.

You hope! He's been injured - the goals just come from elsewhere. :-)
Thu 28/11/02 at 11:01
"Darkness, always"
My opinion of the game:

Roma:
------

Did well, unlucky not to be given 2 clear penalites, but didn't threaten enough to deserve the points. Pulled too many shirts, and Totti is just a lightweight.

ARSEnal:
--------

Shaky start, dodgy hacking, nice comeback. Possibly unlucky not to get a penalty of their own. Very fortunate to have Henry on form on the night, but controlled the game with the vast majority of the possession.

Overall, Arsenal get plenty of possession, but often fail to do things with it. Very lucky that Henry capitalised on the opportunities he was given. If that man gets injured, Arsenal will have problems.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:10
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Manda†are wrote:

Where did this appear from?
----------------

My sentiments exactly. I didn't even know this Bet was on.

Oh well, I would have betted on a Draw anyways...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.