GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Betting League - Roma Vs Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 18:53
Regular
Foreman started his League - and now it's war! Basically, expect me to get to every good game first so he can't do them.
Oh, and I thank you all for rewarding my hard work with your votes in the Notable election. All none of you. :-)
Mandatare 9000
phi11ip 5100
Reddy 1170
Reynolds 260
XRALi/Tequila Sunset 260
El Blokey 90
Figo 8
Foreman 5
AfroJoe 5
Expletive Deleted 5
Jetster 5
James Pond 5
Solskjaer 1
Dead Wonder 1
Natbuc 1
Ortega 1
Mr. Ritze 1
Quinty 1
Absolut Neo 1
Shadow 1
Badgerman 1

5 times wypo if Roma win
6 times wypo if Arsenal win
4 times wypo if it's a draw

*If you lose all your points in the Barce-Real event, you will automatically put 1 point on your choice.
Thu 28/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Notable"
Liverpool have beaten roma twice. Roma have had a very bad start to the season. beating Roma (which was greatly deserved) is not as hard as it was.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:58
"High polygon count"
Malcior wrote:
> Besides Roma are not that good

And this is what I mean.

Before the group started, everyone was saying how tough a group this was (exceeded only by Newcastle's group as far as English clubs are concerned), and that Arsenal would find it hard to qualify because of the quality of the other teams.

Now we beat Roma, and suddenly "they're not that good anyway".

Humble pie and many eaten words, methinks.

Arsenal may or may not qualify from this group. We may perform exceptionally well and win the group. We may stutter again and fail miserably.

But whatever happens, there's one thing that can be guaranteed - certain people will only choose to see the minutest of negative detail.

What if we beat Ajax and Valencia? Will they then be "not that good"? What if we meet and beat Real Madrid - will they suddenly become an 'average' team?

What if by some chance we were to win the Champion's League? (I don't expect us to, but we've as good a chance as anyone else, and a better chance than many.) Would it then be devalued so much that it's "not worth playing in any more"?

I presume it would, because by some accounts we're so poor that if we were to win it, it would be a joke.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:53
Regular
Malcior wrote:
> it was a good performance. Are you happy now? Besides Roma are not
> that good

u know how hard it is to come out with a win in italy nor rome............
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:51
Regular
Mandatare 8000
phi11ip 5100
Reddy 1110
XRALi/Tequila Sunset 260
Reynolds 230
El Blokey 90
Expletive Deleted 17
Figo 8
AfroJoe 6
DW 6
Jetster 6
Shadow 6
Wayne_Rooney 4
Absolut Neo 1
Badgerman 1
Foreman 1
Mr. Ritze 1
Natbuc 1
Ortega 1
Quinty 1
Solskjaer 1
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:47
Regular
"Notable"
it was a good performance. Are you happy now? Besides Roma are not that good
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:46
"High polygon count"
Only some of them. I know a number who have given us credit.

IB just likes causing arguments.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:43
Regular
lol i know but what can i say?
those *cough* man u fans think otherwise than the normal football fan.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:42
"High polygon count"
I wouldn't get too cocky, Sniper - there's a long way for us to go yet!
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:41
Regular
he is great who else could do what henry did, not that swan diver anyway he isnt as quick.
rally up ur excuses but we are the champions and last night we showed it nuff said.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Notable"
Once again everyone rekons henry is the best again. He has been quite in the premiership dont forget. Besides the first 2 Cafu could have done better

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.