GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 vs pIII 733mhz"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/00 at 15:35
Regular
I love the ps2 with its dvd, cool graphics, wicked games but it doesent stand a chance against my dell 733mhz with a geFORCE 64mb graphics card. What I am trying to say is that they are over exagerating the ps2 make it seem god like. The fact is that pc's will always be 1 step ahead.
Wed 13/12/00 at 17:25
Twas only updated cosmetically, and fine tuned - not ipgraded ie new graphics card, more ram, new sound card, new io bus, new motherboard, new sound card, new keyboard'n'mouse... My argument stands.
Wed 13/12/00 at 18:04
Regular
So basically PS2 is a slight rehash of the old one.

I think we should stop this arguement. I don't enjoy argueing. Well, not anymore, anyway...
Wed 13/12/00 at 18:16
Regular
If the PC is so much better, why are playstations still around? Clearly the PC has other advantages for things like word processors etc... , but it couldn`t possibly be any better because people wouldn`t bother buying consoles. Obviously there is the price issue, but don`t forget that a £500 PC today has printers and all the other extras involved, so when it is broken up the price is not all that different, and yet the PS is so popular.

Why would Sony, and huge technology developer come up with a system that is dated in comparison to what is already around? The answer is they wouldn`t, and didn`t.
Thu 14/12/00 at 03:27
von wrote:
> Anybody worked out the correct formula ?
>
> Come on bot, take all the time that you need...

sorry von i just finished year 8 a few days ago i want to get as far away from algebra, division and geomitry as i can (aend spieleling)
Thu 14/12/00 at 03:28
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Err... That's more than slighty wrong...
>
>
> Bits mean hardly anything at all. The real power comes from the
> memory and processor.
>
> Why do I keep repeating myself?
>
> X-Box is a 32 bit system. Gamecubes main processor runs at 64 bit.
> Makes an iota of a difference.

you are dam right and also with a 733mhz processer and god knows what else
Thu 14/12/00 at 03:32
von wrote:
> So you're telling me, that if you had 32 people filling buckets
> with water - which you had to fill a swimming pool with, and your
> competitor had 128 people filling their buckets - both working @
> the same time; there would be no differnce ?

Von, you are right (again and again) but pc's nowadays don't have floating point processors only mac's have them and they classify them super computers, but the ps2 has one!
The ps2 is made for gaming where the computer is made for almost everything, it may be more powerful but at the end you are going to most likely have more fun on a ps2.
Thu 14/12/00 at 03:36
Just a slight , temporary, change of subject have you heard of the new chip that intel has made? they are going to release it in about 5 years. They say that it is 100 times more powerful than anything we have today "a molacule processor" cool, so this means that they will be shovin these beauties in gaming systems in the future and make the ps2 look more like a nintendo.
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:06
Regular
BOT SAID:
>I love the ps2 with its dvd, cool graphics, wicked games >but it doesent stand a chance against my dell 733mhz >with a geFORCE 64mb graphics card. What I am trying to >say is that they are over exagerating the ps2 make it >seem god like. The fact is that pc's will always be 1 >step ahead.

The hugely expensive PS2 is probably cheaper than your PC's processor alone and you'd have to spend £1000 + for the rest of it.

What's more, as games are designed for the Average PC (not as powerful as yours) the games aren't really using much more power and there's no doubt that within are year, any PC is likely to become in efficient, slower and slightly awkward to use.

PC's are still great worth having but by the time you've loaded up windows, installed the game, loaded the game up, sorted out any bugs/problems, you could've probably been playing for 20+ mins on an easier to use consoles.

So... PC's will always superior to consoles in Power, What you can do with them, but not as games machines.

Do you see?
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:07
Regular
I didn't read through the messages in this forum so somebody has probably said what I've just said.

Sorry if I've repeated what a several people have already said!
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:59
hey youre just a bit early or late ? whatever the new Pentium >4< is now out up to 1500 ish mhz etr

i would get you the link but im way too lazy so just goto

www.intel.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.