GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your albums of 2002"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 23:48
Regular
So, it's been an intersting year in music, an... actually, I can't be bothered to do a poncy intro, just tell me your favourite albums and songs of the year, because I'm going to tell you mine:

Albums of the Year:

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
I'd only been briefly introduced to them before, but on the first listen of this little beauty, I was hooked. Pure rock fury, and no mistake.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
Not exactly what I was expecting (by the first single), a more chilled-out, surfed-up approach from the Chili Peppers. After a few listens it really grows on you, definitely one of my most listened LPs of the year.

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Call them indie bedwetters if you want (and you no doubt will) but this album is mature, well written and brilliantly performed, I'd kill to be able to write songs and sing them like this. Excellent.

Jurassic 5 - Power By Numbers
Only got it 2 weeks ago, it's already taken up permanent residence in my car. Proper style hip-hop, none of that poncy malarkey, full of scratchy break beats and drum stuff. Very excellent.

Also worth a mention... Primal Scream - Evil Heat, DJ Shadow - Private Press, The Datsuns, The Strives/Stropes/Hikes etc.

Just one song of the year - All My Life, by the Foo Fighters. If the rest of the album was as good as that song, it'd be the best album ever. Really. Now you talk.
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:53
Regular
"not dead"
Idlewild, I think is my favourite of the year so far.

Though Supergrass is good, but I haven't heard it enough.

Ash's singles collection is top, but that doesn't really count, as the songs aren't new.
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:46
Regular
"You've upset me"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
Anyway,
> Black & Blue, best track on the album.

I'd like to change that actually. Best song on the album is Hard Candy, best song FROM the album is Black & Blue. Tis because Black & Blue live sounds better than it doesn on the album.
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Sibs wrote:
> Ine-San wrote:
> Anyone heard of Mckluskey. They have a song called Lightsabre
> c0cksucking blues. It's nice
>
> Yeah, I heard that song. Was gonna get their EP in HMV. But then it
> was a rip off. 'Lightsaber...' is such a funny song! Hmm... anyone
> know if they have a website?

Yep I do

www.mclusky.com

or www.myspecialpain.co.uk

Great band.
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:12
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Feeder - Comfort in Sound
Tue 29/10/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ine-San wrote:
> Anyone heard of Mckluskey. They have a song called Lightsabre
> c0cksucking blues. It's nice

Yeah, I heard that song. Was gonna get their EP in HMV. But then it was a rip off. 'Lightsaber...' is such a funny song! Hmm... anyone know if they have a website?
Tue 29/10/02 at 16:51
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Worst Album of 2002 Award goes to....Christina Aguilera ~ Stripped.

Has any album ever sucked more than this one does ? She's trying to do the 'rock chick' look, and instead looks more like some kind of hooker most of the time.

What's more, she used to be able to sing, now its some kind of awful wailing sound for most of the album, plus numerous "interludes" which are boring as hell and means I have to skip them whilst driving along.

And.... I'm not the only one who thinks this because there are loads of polls on internet sites all saying the same, around 3/4 of her fans hate the new sound and look.

If anyone out there is a fan, then you may as well buy it because its been a long 2 year wait for it, but I reckon I'm the only fan on here anyway :P

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 28/10/02 at 22:19
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Stryke wrote:
> The GingerLord wrote:
> (Oh yeah, and I'm seeing them on
> Wednesday, so na ne na!)
>
> --
>
> Yew utter utter....At Dingwalls, yeah? Their only British gig ever?
> AND THEY SOLD OUT BEFORE I COULD BOOK?
>
> Soon I will kill you.

Yeah baby!!

Actually I was really lucky. By the time I had organised my friends who wanted to go see them, they had sold out. I was gutted. Then the Force told me "Tim, even though they sold out a week ago, go to Wayahead.com and have another look" and lo and behold, there were more tickets....I tried to buy 5, but they wouldn't let me. So I tried 4, and got them. So i got the last 4 tickets!!!
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
Dingwalls in Camden? I know that place. I thought they closed that place down. Sex Cauldron
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:21
Regular
The GingerLord wrote:
> (Oh yeah, and I'm seeing them on
> Wednesday, so na ne na!)

--

Yew utter utter....At Dingwalls, yeah? Their only British gig ever? AND THEY SOLD OUT BEFORE I COULD BOOK?

Soon I will kill you.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I have no idea about my favourite albums this year but my song of the year would have to be All My Life by the Foo Fighters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.