GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your albums of 2002"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 23:48
Regular
So, it's been an intersting year in music, an... actually, I can't be bothered to do a poncy intro, just tell me your favourite albums and songs of the year, because I'm going to tell you mine:

Albums of the Year:

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
I'd only been briefly introduced to them before, but on the first listen of this little beauty, I was hooked. Pure rock fury, and no mistake.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
Not exactly what I was expecting (by the first single), a more chilled-out, surfed-up approach from the Chili Peppers. After a few listens it really grows on you, definitely one of my most listened LPs of the year.

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Call them indie bedwetters if you want (and you no doubt will) but this album is mature, well written and brilliantly performed, I'd kill to be able to write songs and sing them like this. Excellent.

Jurassic 5 - Power By Numbers
Only got it 2 weeks ago, it's already taken up permanent residence in my car. Proper style hip-hop, none of that poncy malarkey, full of scratchy break beats and drum stuff. Very excellent.

Also worth a mention... Primal Scream - Evil Heat, DJ Shadow - Private Press, The Datsuns, The Strives/Stropes/Hikes etc.

Just one song of the year - All My Life, by the Foo Fighters. If the rest of the album was as good as that song, it'd be the best album ever. Really. Now you talk.
Fri 22/11/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Wasting away"
Meka Dragon wrote:
Idlewild, I think is my favourite of the year so far.

- - -

Here here. Remote Part is one of the best albums I've heard all year. Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World, is definitely my favourite, I'd have to say. The manner in which each song is far from repeatitive and following the same pattern as the previous makes it far more entertaining and pleasing to listen to, along with the lyrics which add so much more meaning to the songs.
Although Rush Of Blood To The Head, as Snuggely has so prominently said, is a superb album. Far better then the original, without a doubt. My music taste has changed loads, this year, ever since starting to listen to different types of music that people have sent (pb & Mr. Happy, to name a few) and it's been for the better.
Just a few others I've loved:

18 - Moby
Camino Palmero - The Calling
Stanley Climbfall - Lifehouse

And I would say K-Pax Soundtrack, but not sure that really counts.
Thu 21/11/02 at 10:48
Regular
The Strokes was release last year, wasn't it?
Thu 21/11/02 at 10:45
Regular
"aliens exist"
best albums of 2002-

RHCP - by the way

Box car racer - " "

the strokes - is this it
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I always wanted to hear the Streets album, I liked that one song I heard a while ago on one of the music channels. Was quite good.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:06
rattle snake3 wrote:
> The Best Air Guitar Albumb In The World Ever was pretty cool. It was
> compiled by Brian May and it had Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile on it.
> What more do you want? :-)
>
> Led Zeppelin - Remasters was good too. All the old classics! Whole
> Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Communication Breakdown, Black Dog, and of
> course Stairway to Heaven. Sweet.
>
> What else....

What else?? hmmmm Queen, Deep Purple, Blur, Run DMC + Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Def Leppard, Rainbow, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Motorhead, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath, Foo Fighters, Joe Satriani, Thin Lizzy, Dire Straits are just some of them. Can't wait til the second one!
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Best albums so far for me have been

Counting crows - hard candy
Ben folds live
Matchbox 20 -more than you think you are
Santana - shaman
Red hot chili peppers - by the way

Been listening to music a lot lately, some well known stuff and some very very rare stuff.
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:41
Regular
"we escape....."
Garreth Gates' album
Wed 20/11/02 at 10:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Wow, three people who enjoyed The Streets. I thought i was all alone :0)

Here are my three (with my favourtie quotes from them underneath):-

The Streets - Original Pirate Material
'As London Bridge burns down Brixton is burning up'

Wyclef Jean - Masquerade
'Y'all wanna take my spot
You got a better chance puttin a gorilla in a headlock'

Missy Elliott - Under Construction
'I'm not a prostitute but I can give you whatchu want'
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:09
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
The Best Air Guitar Albumb In The World Ever was pretty cool. It was compiled by Brian May and it had Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile on it. What more do you want? :-)

Led Zeppelin - Remasters was good too. All the old classics! Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Communication Breakdown, Black Dog, and of course Stairway to Heaven. Sweet.

What else....
Sat 16/11/02 at 17:54
Regular
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way.

Grown on me like fungus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.