GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greatest Wrestler of all time?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/10/02 at 21:42
Regular
I dunno if this has been done before, but If it hasnt, could everyone say who they believe is the Greatest of all time, a comment is expected, but not necessary.
Okay, me first:

Bret Hart
He provided the best matches throughout the years, and could actually wrestle. it would be Shawn Michaels, but his career was cut short. Shame.
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:29
Everybody seems to be forgetting the one and only -- the immortal -- Hulk Hogan! Now admittedly, he's not my personal favourite of all time (that honour is the Rock's), but professional wrestling wouldn't be half of what it is today without the Hulkster.

His popularity, in the 1980s especially, has been phenomenal, and he took the WWF to heights of popularity it hadn't experienced before, and probably wouldn't have done without Hulk (can you imagine Macho Man Randy Savage, for example, being the frontman for the entire wrestling industry?).

I know I'll get flamed for this in all likelihood, especially since the Internet community likes to be anti-mainstream and therefore can't allow great entertainers like the Rock and Goldberg -- and Hogan -- to be praised, that and the fact that as an actual wrestler, Hogan is pretty poor, but wrestling isn't really about wrestling, its about show... and Hogan made it to the absolute top without being able to hold a candle to the likes of Ric Flair or Jimmy Snuka in terms of ability.

Would you even be wrestling fans today if it weren't for Hulk? I doubt it.
Sun 03/11/02 at 20:57
All the other contrubutions are "ok" but they are no way near the greatest wrestler of all time,it is not Y2J,sabu,The rock,stone cold,breat or owen hart.Their is only one person that deserves to hold the title of the greatest wrestler of all time is the one and only "HBK" Sean Michaels.

Sean Michaels is the first person in the wrestling buissnes to win every title the buissnes has to offer he has held the king of the ring,the first ever grand slam champ and the won the royal rumble when he was the first person to enter.

Sean is now back in action so ha to the people who think he is just a washed up superstar he is now fit and ready to beat the living day lights out of the two timeing back stabing HHH,on the last RAW he lock HHH in the casket and then danced on the top of the cofin and has enterd the elimination chamber so he can beat up HHH and prove he is the best out of the two.

peter fraiel "gate"
Sun 03/11/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Ya think?! Shawn Micheals is good, yeah! BUT not as good as the larger than life living legend, Y2J Chris Jericho!!!
Tue 05/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Mick Foley - made all the others look good because he can take bumbs so well. Helped launch a lot of guys to new heights of stardom - Taker, HHH, Stone Cold, Kane

Sting - The reson I started watching wrestling back in the eighties

Best tag team - The Steiners before Scott turned into steroid freak
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Tag Teams..E&C are the greatest tag-team champions of all time. Why oh why did the WWE ever split them up? They totally wreaked of awsomeness!
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:37
Jerico15 just read the HBK by gate and you will see jerico is a wuss compared to HBK.
Thu 07/11/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Did you just call the larger than life, living LEGEND, Chris Jericho, a "wuss"?

Tell me you didn't say that, TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!!
Mon 11/11/02 at 22:47
Regular
Jericho15 wrote:
> Tell me you didn't say that, TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!!

Okay, just to settle the confussion...I've double, no triple checked, and yes, I can confirm that he did indeed say that.
Tue 12/11/02 at 16:36
Regular
My personal faves are HBK and Foley, though I think in time Kurt Angle will be remembered as one of the greats.
Sun 17/11/02 at 01:09
Regular
"pro evo fan"
i dont think there really is a great,all superstars are great in there areas like the rock and hulk in show buisness side ov it, they rule tha side ov the wrestling show.

mick foley and shane mcmahon are who i think are the greatest in bum taking and high risk takers.

angle and benoit are the best in tech wrestling.

matt and lil ray proobs in high flying extreme stunt wrestling.

so really all the superstars are great but only better than someone else in there own area's or wrestling, you need sumone who could put all them together to really become a "GREAT" superstar. and seriously there hasnt been one like this yet i dont think.

if there is id like to know who you guys think is a real "GREAT" superstar in all areas of the wrestling profile.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.