GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire fighter's strike - For or Against?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/10/02 at 13:59
Regular
Personally, I'm in favour of it. These guys put their lives on the line day after day, and they deserve a decent salary for doing it. It must really grate that some footballers get more than double their annual salary in a week, all for kicking a ball around for a maximum of three hours a week.

40% may seem high, but considering they'll probably only get half that (if anything), then it's fair play. They always say you should ask for double what you actually want!

I appreciate that a strike may put lives at risk, but that's something held over them by government - and if they don't strike, they'll continue getting screwed.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I wonder how they get time off from their second jobs to stand on picket lines?
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:25
Regular
"we escape....."
FOR:

it's funny
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:18
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Fishtobeking wrote:
> I think they should have about a 20% to 25% rise.

Only if we can take away their toys.
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:17
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I believe that council tax is based on region.

Council tax is based on two things:

1. The value of the property. These are banded into groups such as D, E or F.

2. The rate needed to support your local council in style they are used to. So if your council is the type that imposes a Nelson Mandela bronze statue in the middle of every roundabout, then you'll pay a higher pence in in the pound on your band of property, than you would if you lived in an areas where the council is managed properly.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I think they should have about a 20% to 25% rise.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I they should have about a 20% to 25% rise.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm guessing higher class area means more tax

High house values = Higher class area = Higher Council Tax

Maybe
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:19
"Darkness, always"
I believe that council tax is based on region.
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Is council tax not based on house value?

And when they review it in a few years, well people will be paying a lot more.

I'm not sure on above, so might be wrong.
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:09
Belldandy wrote:
> Splendide mendax wrote:
> It is taken from the EU figures of the comparative cost of living in
> each European country. It takes into consideration all economic
> factors including taxation etc.
>
> So - yes you can just convert the wages.....
>
> Got the website address for that ?

Not at the mo - but I quote.....

"The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), which conducted the survey, says the average British family works 7% more than the larger Spanish household, 22% longer than the average German family, 26% more than an Italian one and 32% more than the French.

So it's only right that we receive the highest income - an average of £21,485 in work earnings, plus a further £14,432 from other sources to give a total household resource of £35,917. This compares with £24,111 for Italy or £27,366 in Spain.

Yet after tax, we are left with an average of just £24,407 in disposable income. French and German families are not far behind, with £22,668 and £22,665, while Spanish and Italian families have £19,411 and £17,051 to spend.

The British advantage is whittled away again by higher prices - our money has to go further. The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development says prices in 2000 were 7% lower in France, 8% lower in Germany, 23% lower in Italy and 26% lower in Spain.

OK, so you might not trust one survey, but these findings are echoed by the European Commission, which found that £1 would be worth 2p more in Germany, 4p more in France, 19p in Italy and 22p more in Spain. "

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.