GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Olympics... OoOoO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/08 at 19:18
"Are you sure?"
Olympics 2008 thread...
Full Olympics Medal Table from the BBC.

GB's roll of honour (again from the BBC).

I've been quite impressed with the opening ceremony - I watched most of it live this afternoon and I'm watching the highlights as I type this.

I hope 'we' can pull off something as respectable in 2012!!!

The BBC say 4bn people will be watching!
I was surprised to see Sara Brightman had got in there singing the Olympics anthem (good for album sales!).

I did a Google and some Chinese sites say she is from the USA! :¬(

Let's hope it's a good one - it's certainly started rather well...

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 23/08/08 at 22:33
Regular
I disagree with Garin. I think footballers earn far too much money and our olympic athletes hardly earn a thing.

I also think there should be more games lessons in school. When I was a kid we didn't have fancy gym equipment like video game cycling machines. Also they should get rid of R.E and replace it with Drivers Ed.
Sat 23/08/08 at 22:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Stop whining and get training ;)

no. Its there job to win. I expect them to do a good job of it. My job is to watch it on tv or on the internet. I've done that well. Whats their excuse?
Sat 23/08/08 at 20:22
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Anyone know how the professional tennis players can compete but
> boxers, footballers? etc. have to be amateurs?

Because the event is open to professional tennis players. :) The footballers arent amateurs either.

I think its very hard to make distincts these days. None of the top track and field stars are amateurs. I suspect boxing maintains its status because of the strong standing of the amateur boxing associations and the clear distinction between them and the professional associations.
Sat 23/08/08 at 19:26
"Are you sure?"
Anyone know how the professional tennis players can compete but boxers, footballers? etc. have to be amateurs?

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 23/08/08 at 16:18
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Stop whining and get training ;)
Sat 23/08/08 at 15:44
Regular
"eat toast!"
well, at least we didn't leave empty handed. But we need more gold! atheletics teams have been rubbish. So has englands football team. If we didn't have top notch cyclists or sailers we would have been much, much lower in the table.

BMX was a travasty.
Sat 23/08/08 at 15:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
spoonbeast wrote:
> but we still have a chance at a bronze right?

She has already won the bronze
Sat 23/08/08 at 15:08
Regular
"eat toast!"
Hmmm... wrote:
> She got knocked out in her next fight though... (not literally!)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

but we still have a chance at a bronze right?
Sat 23/08/08 at 14:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Gold in the boxing in what can only be described as a wrestling match.
Sat 23/08/08 at 13:52
"Are you sure?"
She got knocked out in her next fight though... (not literally!)

Search Freeola Chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.