GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am being Bullied! :("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 14:58
Regular
Unfortunatly I am being bullied at school. It is very upseting and I am unsure what to do.

You see he gives me death threats and says he will "re-arange my face", I have saved these MSN conversations and I am unsure of weather I should tell anyone.
If I tell people I am woundering weather all my friends will call me a wuss for not fighting him and things. But I am not a fighting person. It is really getting me down and it is hard for me to do my final year at GCSE level under this stress.

What should I do?
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:55
Regular
"^_^"
Cheers guys.. Although if he hits me I will fill his tiny ugly head in and he will never do it again. Yes fighting is bad but the last person I fought got Knocked out in one Punch! He has never tried to be hard again!
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:23
Regular
"That's right!"
I started working out back in year 10 because there were raising tensions between my friend and I, and some of the other kids we knew.

Doesn't hurt to be able to hurt people, so pb is right
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:20
"possibly impossible"
Every situation is different, but that doesn't mean you are alone here. I was very insecure when I was younger and often got bullied. I'm not going to say I have the answers for you, but I would recommend taking up a martial art class, not to go out and get this person, but because it will give you more confidence and if you need to defend yourself, you will know how.

At your age I didn't have the choice, and I probably would have had to push myself very hard to go to a martial arts class, but boy would it have helped, I really recommend it now, I can see what a difference it makes to people who are in my class.
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:47
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Bullies generally are insecure people.

They have problems which they take out on you. For no reason at all. While he may scare you now, you're going to be the one laughing when he ends up a jobless lay about and you've got your GCSE's.

Things like this don't just go away, unfortunately. And *sometimes* bringing in parents and teachers can be a bad thing. Only if they are half-arsed about it; if they do something affirmative and scare the bully then he will stop. If they pansy around and do next to nothing then it can make things worse. The best thing that can possibly happen is a teacher, preferably a head, getting you and him in the same room, and asking him to explain. Invariably when put in this position the bully cries his little (lack of) heart out in front of you and looks pitiful. After that you will never get crap off him again because he'll probably worry that you'll tell someone.

Basically, I'd say tell your parents and teacher, and try and get into a group discussion with the guy. Just make sure that it gets dealt with. The last thing you want is some teacher going up to him and saying "stop it, okay?" "yes" "fine then, problem solved".
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:36
GasMask wrote:
> Heh, I was bullied..
>
> In the end, I eventually cracked and faught them..
>
> Worked for me.. but dont follow my example, fighting almost got me
> kicked outta school..
>
> Tell everyone, parents, teachers, mates.
>
> Just tell people..
>
> And if he threatens you with a knife or whatnot, go down the local Cop
> Shop.
>
> Do it.
>
> Mm, on the up side, I now have gained respect and I dont get started
> on. Because i'd probably brake them or something :o)
>
> Its not funny, its not clever. Fighting is bad.
>
> Tell people.

again, cant argue with this. a good point well said
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, I was bullied..

In the end, I eventually cracked and faught them..

Worked for me.. but dont follow my example, fighting almost got me kicked outta school..

Tell everyone, parents, teachers, mates.

Just tell people..

And if he threatens you with a knife or whatnot, go down the local Cop Shop.

Do it.

Mm, on the up side, I now have gained respect and I dont get started on. Because i'd probably brake them or something :o)

Its not funny, its not clever. Fighting is bad.

Tell people.
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:27
prob the reason the stopped comming after me is that my dad whent round the boys house and threatend to sue for assault, then the whole thing stopped and blew over, so yes i totally agree with Belldandy.
well said belldandy.
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Firstly, ignore anyone who says "it will sort itself out", if Robin is content to get a kicking and then say Hi to the same people well....

However hard it seems, first tell your parents like Sheepy said, then tell the school and if they don't give it full attention threaten to bring the police in - this alone scares most headteachers into action as you can lawfully do this. The sooner you tell someone the sooner this bully looses some power over you, because he will not stop until you stop him.

It's okay for people to say get your mates and give him a kicking, but unless you intend to live the rest of your schoool life with all these mates constantly around you that's daft - whats to stop him coming back with his mates ?

Also, if he has MSN and you have the time, initiate a total bombardment of rubbish to his MSN email, but create new user names for yourself on MSN first. This bit's optional, but make sure you tell someone soon and end this now.

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:00
4 weeks ago in school 10-15 people came up to me for no reason, i dont even know who they are, thaey came up to me threw me on the floor and puched and kicked me, 4 of the head teachers had to come and get them all off because there was so many of them.
i had to go to hospital and check for cheek bone damage, and i couldnt even open my eye for a day.
any way i was worried for about 2 weeks after it happend because i was paranoyed about them comming after me but they never did.
now 4-5 weeks later i pass them in the hall way at school and we all just say hi to each other, so it all turned out ok, so what im saying mate is not get the hell beaten out of you and it will be ok, but just leave it and it will all work out fine.
or send them on here, im sure every one will sort them out for u, but not by using foul language as we will all get banned.
but just dont worry about it mate, it will sort itself out.

good luck!!!
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:03
Regular
"bWo > You"
Do everything you can to block him out of your head, and for the love of God concentrate on those exams. If this happens again, ensure you've got concrete evidence against him which won't incriminate against you, and go directly to your Headteacher. Don't care about what might happen to you for barging into the Head's office, bullying should be one of every school's concerns. Do not let him get to you, and I hope you are over it by now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.