GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Irritating Bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/10/02 at 18:15
Regular
New Found Glory
Lost Prophets
Incubus
Sum 41

Add more...
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Ine-San wrote:
A band who think theyare saying something profound are the worst kind of all.

Unless they actually are saying something profound....

Goddamm The Smiths rule!
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
Incubus, Coldplay, Idlewild, Doves, Turin Brakes, and all the other
british bland bands who think they are great because they write some bland lyrics about lost love and put a dreary tune to it.

IMNE. Words cannot describe how much they irritate me. I want to punch that little manboy's face in because he thinks he's american.

Blink 182, Sum 41, Bowling for soup and all the other 'I'm an american teenager (or canadian, there's not much difference) and am hilarious because I write songs about having sex with animals, old people and inanimate objects and have a scroungy face and try to sound like Green Day but fail miserably.

The Manics are even more irritating becuase they have they think they are Bob Dylan because they write a few 'protest songs' and put bland music to it and then decide to prove they're great by going to meet some communist dictator in Cuba. No your not!, get your head out of you bottoms and write a good tune, then someone might listen to what you have to say. This is why at glastonbury I preffered to go and watch Ants outside in a field when it was raining rather than watch you crap through a few songs.

And will everyone stop putting the obvious ones. Will, Gareth, and all the other pop crap. At least they don't pretend to be great preachers. They just do whatever their managers tell them to do.

A band who do what they are told to do are at least not pretending to be great and deep and meaningful. A band who think theyare saying something profound are the worst kind of all.
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MeEkY wrote:
> You wanna kno a story that shows how hated linkin park are? Well, over
> the summer, slipknot did a concert here. Some of my friends went, and
> they reported that the pre-concert DJ put on linkin park. The minute
> every1 heard it, the arena was filled with the loudest booing you'd
> ever have heard.....

Or that could just mean that Slipknot fans don't like them.

And I really don't see what Slipknot fans are shouting about anyway. Slipknot suck. They have one alright song (Wait and Bleed) and the rest are crap.

Linkin Park sing you see. Slipknot don't. They scream. And go "AARGGHH!!!!"

Go watch the Hullabaloo DVD. Not only will you hear true music, but you will also see a damn good impression of Slipknot.
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:49
You wanna kno a story that shows how hated linkin park are? Well, over the summer, slipknot did a concert here. Some of my friends went, and they reported that the pre-concert DJ put on linkin park. The minute every1 heard it, the arena was filled with the loudest booing you'd ever have heard.....
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:45
LINKIN PARK - g@yest and most stupid band ever. For those who don't know they don't write their own songs & they didn't make their own band - + their only fans are 7-14 year old sk8ers (Who are totally thick)
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:36
has anyone seen any of new found glory's videos? Has anyone seen the head on collision video? Where one of them gets his face smashed flat with a spade & the drummer gets his arm knocked off by a bucket? Thats new found glory thinking that they're funny........
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:31
Spunge - really, really, really annoying & crap
Mon 21/10/02 at 11:44
Regular
Lost Prophets are ok.

Coldplay are bloody irritating. As are Radiohead.

Why don't they just go out for a pint and cheer up?
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:46
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Here's my opinions on all the bands listed in this topic:

New Found Glory - Their older songs are better, Head On Collision sucks big-time. And the singer has a mullet.

Lost Prophets - Two great singles, but in the video for The Fake Sound of Progres, the singer looks like a total ponce with his curly hair. And is it me or does he have a prosthetic nose on? :P

Incubus - Hate 'em. Trying to be rockers but failing. Miserably.

Sum 41 - Their album was way to short. Should be called "All Filler, One Killer". Had some good singles though.

The Calling - Who?

Creed - I like Creed personally. Although the singer is apparently a right a-hole in person (wouldn't sign kids autographs etc), they still make good music IMHO. I hate it that the singer portrays himself as god or the messiah.

Korn - I like them.

Slipknot - I like them. Sue me. Please.

Stereophonics - Sound like Robbie Williams Mark 2. They had one or two good singles, but they're pop-trying-to-be-rock ers.

Toploader - Never heard any of their music.

Papa Roach - I really like the Roach. One of my favourite bands.

Radiohead - Not really my style of music. Creep was pretty good, but whiny, depressing melodies are not for my liking. I like fast energy music with electric guitars. Thom Yorke can shove Kid A up his a-hole for all I care :) Songs to hang yourself to, definately.

*Waits for insults*

Nickelback - They rule. But why are they always under such scrutiny? MTV2 hate them with The Full Chad Kroeger. It is pretty funny though :)

Oasis - I like them.

Manic Street Precachers - I'll stay neutral here.

POD - Love them. Had steadily consistent great singles. Except Satellite.

Ash - Hate them. They're pop-trying-to-be-rock ers.

A - Pretty good. Do some great energy music and are pretty good live.

Bowling For Soup - I agree that the fat guitarist is irritating, but I like BFS.

Muse - Bellamy's voice can be annoying sometimes, but listen to songs like Muscle Museum and you see why people say he sings like an opera singer. Muse rule.

S Club - Lame.

S Club JRs - Lamers trying to be somebodies. Not a spec of talent. They're a manufactured "band".

Gareth Gates - Cannot sing, Lame.

Will Young - Lame.

Liberty X - Lame.

Hear Say - Lame. Thank god they've disbanded.

So Solid Crew - Poor, Lame. A group of 50 gang-bangers trying to act hard just because they have a gun.

Shaggy - Lame. Dunno why everyone likes him. Probably just because he has a Jamaican accent. How thrilling.

Limp Bizkit - Great energy music. I like em.

Blur - I liked Song 42, the only Blur song I ever heard. A pity they've disbanded though.

Gorrilaz - Lame mixed crap.

Travis - Lame.

Blazin Squad - Think they have a great band name, but it really sucks.

System of a Down - I personally like SOAD. They're a little (OK, BLOODY LOADS!) nutty and hyper, but they have decent riffs :)

Blink 182 - Very good band indeed.

Green Day - They rule.

Tenacious D - The D rule.

Feeder - Good band. I'm unsure about Come Back Around though. Not enough rock for me :)

And only 1 of SOAD are American. Look at the facts first!
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:25
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Oh shiezer, sorry for the post. Hit the return key by accident.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.