GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Irritating Bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/10/02 at 18:15
Regular
New Found Glory
Lost Prophets
Incubus
Sum 41

Add more...
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Mysterio's no.1 fan"
The Hives
Nickelback
Moby
Mon 02/12/02 at 16:41
Regular
"we escape....."
Avril Lavigne- She's a complete idiot that for some reason is played on kerrang when she is quite clearly a pop artist
The Strokes- the second most overatted band ever their album was pretty poor as most of the songs sounded exactly the same nothing unique about any of them and they're a pretty gay band
Sum 41- The name says it all...
U2- Most overatted band ever, they've done nothing to change music yet considered the greatest band ever by many they made about 2 good songs but that about it and bono is pretty gay.

Sorry if i offended any one the truth had to be told
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Avril Lavigne
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
We can't let this topic die!

Oh no we can't!
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Remember me?"
Vottanator wrote:
> Linkin Park sing you see. Slipknot don't. They scream. And go
> "AARGGHH!!!!"

Agreed. Linkin Park are good, Slipknot suck. Badly. And so does Korn. Oh yeah, and Inme... with that lead singer who looks like a girl but has a boy's "voice"... leading me to believe he/she is a shemale. *chortle*
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
This is on behalf of a chap called David Ryder.

I LOVE U2 AND REM, BUT CRAP LIKE KORN AND SLIPKNOT SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE RADIO!
Tue 05/11/02 at 20:26
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

they have for decent songs - by the way, californication, otherside and under the bridge. The rest of their music is crap & it all sounds the same
Mon 04/11/02 at 11:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Flux wrote:
> You, sir, are very wise. I agree totally here - today's pop music is
> just people who look good having their voices altered with computers
> to sound "decent" according to half the population to make
> an "album" or "single".

Exactly, there are way too many singers and groups out there now, with little or no talent. It's getting increasingly annoying when an endless amount of singers come along hijacking each others image and singing in pretty much the same style with pretty much the same songs.

I first noticed this with the arrival of the *shudders* Spice Girls. They went down a storm when they first appeared, then a few months later I saw a few more girl groups pop up, with the exact same 'girl power' image the spice girls had, singing the same cringe worthy songs.

> Exactly. Why the hell did Gareth Gates get a contract? He lost! One
> manufactured singer from a show is bad enough. Please!

I know, it's pretty stupid having a 'contest' when you know very well the last few people left singing 'will' get a record contract.

I also hate the format of the show, basically get a few people who can sing, then hand them a record contract. Talent doesn't just come in the form of a good singing voice; I would of thought that Hear Say disaster would have been a warning about that.

> And then people who listen to Rock are labelled as Greebos and Greebo
> Bands...
>
> *Sigh*

I know, it's sad; especially considering rock music has far more talented singers who can play their own instruments and often stay away from covering older songs for a quick buck. But I take solace in the fact knowing that people, who like pop music, really have no taste in music at all.
Mon 04/11/02 at 08:40
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
cipro wrote:
> I hate 'all' pop music, especially all British pop music. Our music
> industry is just filled with non talented singers who release one hit
> then disappear up the ar$e of the managers who 'made' them.

You, sir, are very wise. I agree totally here - today's pop music is just people who look good having their voices altered with computers to sound "decent" according to half the population to make an "album" or "single".
>
> It's even worse now will these annoying reality TV shows like
> Popstars, there's just been a sudden upsurge of singers (rejects or
> winners) from these shows, releasing more music with contrived lyrics
> and crap covers of much better, and older songs, yet they sell by the
> bucket load because people think they have good singing voices.
>
Exactly. Why the hell did Gareth Gates get a contract? He lost! One manufactured singer from a show is bad enough. Please!

> Too many people are easily pleased with listening to this pop crap,
> which is a shame because all pop music is throwaway, creative-less
> cack.

And then people who listen to Rock are labelled as Greebos and Greebo Bands...

*Sigh*
Sun 03/11/02 at 22:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Hazballs wrote:

> Those fools singing about what they go to school for, and neglect to
> mention because it's illegal not to.

Well done!

You've won the 'funniest comment of the day award!'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.