GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You lucky minions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Wed 26/10/05 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/residentevil4/review.html[/URL]

They did the job, and did it bloody well it seems!

(the Cube version is still the definitive, it seems, but you can't have it all :P)
Thu 27/10/05 at 01:39
Regular
"8==="
Nope.

A decent sandbox with a fun story, daft missions and fun stuff to do is worth 10 quid.

It's not worth 30 because it's not impressive enough and the missions aren't the fun bit of the game.

It's like picking up a short game and blasting through it never to pick it up again: much better when it's cheap and a bit of a waste at full RRP.
Thu 27/10/05 at 00:44
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> And sometimes it depends on the price. For instance: True Crime for
> 10 quid is a great game but a rip-off at 30+.

Now that I'd have to disagree with.

A crap game is a crap game, whether it cost £10 or £40.
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> It doesn't have to be new to be good or fun.

I didn't say it did. Though I still feel personally that old games are never as good when you go back to them.

> If you have a look at the game I actually do own you might see why
> I've yet to pick a few of those games up.

You should stick some of those on eBay - you'd make quite a bit of dosh. My Paradroid for the C64 sold for over £20.
"High polygon count"
Cycloon wrote:
> some real gems that people left in favour of more popular titles.

Like ICO on the PS2. Can't wait for Shadow of the Colossus.
Wed 26/10/05 at 23:14
Regular
"8==="
Cycloon wrote:
>
> So true. Although half the old PC games I get suck, but all the old
> console games (i.e early Cube/Xbox etc) that I used to get were good
> fun, some real gems that people left in favour of more popular
> titles.

And sometimes it depends on the price. For instance: True Crime for 10 quid is a great game but a rip-off at 30+.
Wed 26/10/05 at 22:26
Regular
"8==="
If it's on a console I own then I might.

Otherwise I'll get it much later when it's cheap.

Coming from someone who likes sprite RPG's I thought you'd be the one suggesting a few pre-playstation titles I should get.

Have you played Angband?
Wed 26/10/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Pah, get Makai Kingdom which is coming out over here soon i believe. Shall be all you need
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:58
Regular
"8==="
Having recently gotten into RPGs again I'm going to get hold of SNES, NES, Master System and Megadrive RPGs.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:

>
> It doesn't have to be new to be good or fun.

So true. Although half the old PC games I get suck, but all the old console games (i.e early Cube/Xbox etc) that I used to get were good fun, some real gems that people left in favour of more popular titles.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:55
Regular
"8==="
I'm getting them cheap and I've only gotten back into RPGs in the past year or so.

It doesn't have to be new to be good or fun.

If you have a look at the game I actually do own you might see why I've yet to pick a few of those games up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.