GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You lucky minions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Wed 26/10/05 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/residentevil4/review.html[/URL]

They did the job, and did it bloody well it seems!

(the Cube version is still the definitive, it seems, but you can't have it all :P)
Thu 27/10/05 at 17:33
"High polygon count"
Episodes 21 and 22 of season 1.

Have got hold of all of season 2 so far.
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:54
Regular
"8==="
Which season? ;)

I'm just about to watch the first episode of a series I was recommended.
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:53
"High polygon count"
I've just finished watching a few episodes of Lost.

Time for bed now.

Nighty night.
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:48
Regular
"8==="
Just finished watching a movie.
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:47
"High polygon count"
Morning.

Don't tell me you've been sat there waiting for me to post a reply. That's stalking!
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:46
Regular
"8==="
Duke Nukem is still one of the best offline multiplayer games, excellent level design, co-op and very varied ways to bump opponents off.

Plus the humour and references aren't topped by most modern titles.
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:44
Regular
"8==="
It's simply about value for money, in someways it's more enjoyable playing a bargain.

Getting an enjoyable 8 hours play out of a game you paid 5 quid for is better than getting an enjoyable 8 hours out of one costing 40 quid (partly because with the money saved you can get more enjoyable games).

The only ones I pay fullprice for now are online ones (because it's fun to be there at the start, and you're guaranteed the servers will be active with players) or ones where there's a nice shared experience/community vibe (when everyone went through Fable/Morrowind swapping stories etc).
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:40
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> Haven't you worked out yet that I'd be approaching these games having
> never played them before? There's no 'going back' to speak of.

Of course I have. No need for the confrontational tone. I was just passing a comment in what until now has been a civil conversation.

To clarify - I didn't literally mean going back to a game that you've played before. I meant that, what was a good game in its day, isn't going to have the same impact today.

e.g. Duke Nukem was utterly brilliant in its day, which was only a few years ago. However, having played the Half Life's and CoD's of today, it seems more than a little bit pants - regardless of whether or not you've played it before.

I've played a few 'classics' that I originally missed, either by picking them up cheap or through emulation. Almost without exception they've not been worth it - because the same thing has usually been done far better since, and they don't hold the interest. So I don't bother any more.

Now, to clarify again - that's just my opinion. If you don't share it, fine. I'm not telling you not to buy/play the old games, I'm just giving examples of why I personally don't bother.
Thu 27/10/05 at 04:37
"High polygon count"
Hedfix wrote:
> Nope.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't see any point in buying a game, even for a tenner, if I know I'm not going to enjoy 90% of it. (Note: This is just me I'm talking about, no-one else. Others, like yourself, may see a point - but I don't.)

As for 'short' games - the majority of games are relatively short anyway. If I know I'm likely to enjoy it, I've no objection to paying the full RRP. These days, though, I know I'll probably be able to get a game online for about £25 and sell it on eBay for about the same.
Thu 27/10/05 at 01:41
Regular
"8==="
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> It doesn't have to be new to be good or fun.
>
> I didn't say it did. Though I still feel personally that old games
> are never as good when you go back to them.

Haven't you worked out yet that I'd be approaching these games having never played them before? There's no 'going back' to speak of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.