GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got arrested the other night..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/10/02 at 20:54
Regular
Basically, 'twas my mate Seb's 19th, so we went down to Megabowl (bowling alley, just happens to be close by)

Played a few games, had a few beers. Seb and my mate Wal had been drinking all day, so they were mortal. They stole two pins and hid them outside. As we left, they picked them up and started hitting stuff with them in the car park. A staff member saw us as we left, and phoned the police.

As we walked home, Wal and my mate Fos smashed a bus shelter (hit the glass) and some guy chased after us, claiming we'd hit his car. Almost got into a scuffle with him, before we left because the police were on their way. Went to mine, drank some water, talked to my dad. Wal wanted to go back to where the guy had tried to hit us so we could get the pin (fingerprint evidence, don't you know) but it wasn't there. What was there, however, was a bussie car, and we were asked to sit in the back.

Wal and I were arrested on suspicion of theft and criminal damage, and we were driven 9 miles to a bussie station. I was searched and had my stuff taken from me, including my belt and trainers (so I couldn't hang myself) I claimed the right to have a solicitor, to make sure I didn't get pooped on since I'd never been in that position before. Got put in the cell at about half 12, and at about 2am the solicitor came and asked me some questions, told me the procedure. Got stuck back in the cell, then at about 4am I was interviewed. I denied all knowledge of seeing any pins, or seeing anything get smashed. At about half 4 they gave me my stuff back, and I was bailed and waited in the reception for my mate Wal. At about 5 he got out, and we were given a lift home. Didn't get home till 6am, where I slept for two hours before I had to get up to get ready for college, grr.

Basically, I'm totally innocent of everything, as it was my friends who stole the pins and hit stuff with them, but I can't prove that, so I'm kind of stuck. They knew we were lying about not knowing about any pins that had been stolen, and one of them told Wal if someone admitted to stealing the pins, someone else admitted to hitting the bus shelter, and someone else admitted to hitting the car (even though no-one did) then those people could get off with a caution. So, Seb's claiming he stole the pins, Wal's claiming he hit the bus shelter, and Fos is claiming he hit the car. So, hopefully, they'll just get cautions, and we'll all get away with it (not that I did anything anyway, except be there) If that doesn't work, then I'll end up in court over something I didn't do, and have a fine as well as a criminal record. Great (!)

Yeah, we're scumbags, I know, but it's not like my mates do this sort of thing on a regular basis, heh
Fri 11/10/02 at 12:00
Regular
"That's right!"
Just as I predicted, I got my details erased, as though nothing had happened, and my friends got cautions. Who's laughing now, Lord H?
Thu 10/10/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Hmmm....."
:-D
Thu 10/10/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:

> We've all had our brushes with the law.

I got told I was too old to be swinging on the swings in the park by a copper. They didn't have an age limit on them

Bet if it had been my 50 year old parents they wuldn't have said anything

Bah
Thu 10/10/02 at 16:58
Regular
"That's right!"
I denied any knowledge of pins being stolen, which was true up to a certain degree. They thought I'd taken them myself and smashed stuff with them, which was bollards. Wrongful arrest in my opinion. Hey, maybe I can sue 'em...

Oh, wait, I just remembered, I'm not an American
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:10
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
You'll only ever make things worse by lying. What on earth did you deny it for. Dishonesty as in taping off the TV is one thing, but directly telling officers of the law untruths is unforgivable. That's how the world has reached the state it is in today. You should be locked up!!
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:08
"Darkness, always"
OK, i've never commited any crime worthy of note, much less conviction.
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:04
Regular
"That's right!"
I would be surprised if there was one person here who'd never committed a crime. Taping stuff from TV is illegal, for Jimmy's sake
Thu 10/10/02 at 13:37
"Darkness, always"
I've never recieved a caution for anything in my life. For that matter, I've never committed a crime either.

I still have a conviction to show for it though.
Thu 10/10/02 at 13:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Gotta go down the bussie station tonight, at about 10/half 10, clear things up. If he says my mates will get away with just a caution if they admit it, then I'm pretty sure I'll get away with one too

After all, everyone's entitled to one or two cautions, depending how serious the offence is. Some of you people have funny ideas about the law...
Thu 10/10/02 at 13:23
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I got arrested for throwing snowballs at some guys window. It was just a joke, but he came out and started having a go at a few of us.. infact he started prodding us with his finger.

So a few days later we went back and knocked on his door, when he opened it we shouted 'PRODDER!' and legged it (we were only 13/14). We thought we'd got away cos we were a few streets away then all of a suddern he appeared on the other side of the road and chased us. He managed to grab a couple of my mates and it turned out he was a copper. A marathon running copper at that.

Next thing I new I had CID round my house. It turned out this guys name was Al Hussain and that he and his family had been suffering racial abuse (he claimed their cat had been tied to a railway track etc) due to the fact that the Gulf War was on at that point. Of course we had jack all to do with that but it took us a while to explain our way out of it.

Had another brush with the law involving being searched at 4am in a bus shelter and them finding a plastic replica gun in my rucsack. I threatened to pop a cap in their as$es and they let me go.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.