GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UT 2003.....WOW!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/10/02 at 23:50
Regular
This games is totally amazing, the graphics are unbeliveable (if you have a good card that is) ive played through the team deathmatch ladder now, and i have to say the A.I is very cool. I cant wait to play some peeps online, and unlock the bombing run scenarios.

Buy this game now!
Mon 21/10/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Robin wrote:
> this is the best game i have ever played, it is 3 times better then
> the old one, although they should of made a couple of new guns, dont u
> agree

Not necessarily, the old classics are far more fun than new ones.
Mon 21/10/02 at 01:15
this is the best game i have ever played, it is 3 times better then the old one, although they should of made a couple of new guns, dont u agree
Fri 11/10/02 at 21:38
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I've been playing it at my mum's house most of the day, and it ROCKS! I'm used to playing sniper on UT-Face, but now I have these excellent water effects and terrain, and it's just bloody superb! The single player is decent, but the multiplayer rocks, and on my 2nd go, I won 2 games - the learing curve is great and it's just soo good.

I'll download it when I have time (and another 700MB CD to put it on, as 4 other games are taking up my current disc :D).

Ignore the brackets :D

Great, great game guys. Can't wait to get *ahem* it and Unreal 2. Superb, and I love the sport element of it, where you can swap players etc. One of my favourite games of all time.
Fri 11/10/02 at 02:36
Regular
the kind of game like UT isnt my thing but i played the demo.... its okay... i played a bit of insta in UT1 and i enjoyed that because it had faster action....... better insta gib guns but the insta lightning guns is a joke it reminds me of quake 3...... yes it looks nice but the arenas seem too big sometimes or too small..... the arenas were perfect in UT but in 2003 it doesnt feel like unreal tournament anymore some completely different game with soaped up graphics..... stupid guns and a u need a huge 3 gig to install it.....
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> I'm not saying that UT 2003 isn't fun. Merely that I dislike it
> BECAUSE it is different. The original UT style appealed whereas the
> new one doesn't. That's all I've been trying to say.
> Also as a buying guide for hardcore UT fans who will notice the
> difference more than Joe Bloggs down the road.

I loved the original UT. But i also love 2003.
Thu 10/10/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I'm not saying that UT 2003 isn't fun. Merely that I dislike it BECAUSE it is different. The original UT style appealed whereas the new one doesn't. That's all I've been trying to say.
Also as a buying guide for hardcore UT fans who will notice the difference more than Joe Bloggs down the road.
Thu 10/10/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
You can compare it, but I think it'd be a shame to miss out on a great game like this by holding on too tightly to the original. The comparisons are inevitable, but the game's own merits should be commended too, not everyone played/liked the original.
Thu 10/10/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Naturally titles change, but that still doesn't negate why I can compare a game to it's sequel.
Thu 10/10/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
And Quake 3 is a sequel to Quake 1 and 2, but the gameplay is completely different..titles have to change, and do, but will never please everyone. Nevermind the comments anyway, heh, I'm 15 and getting fairly used ot being patronised..
Thu 10/10/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> I'm comparing it to the normal deathmatch, it just feels exactly the
> same but with a ball...I haven't tried playing with other humans yet,
> but with bots, if someone else on your team has the ball it tends to
> just be a case of blowing everyone else out of the way, which develop
> in to smaller fights, too similar too a normal DM.

Agreed, although it is a certain skill to not be able to use your weapons.
>
> You're still making all of your judgements by comparing it to the
> original UT in every aspect, it's a different style of game - clearly,
> some people will like this take on the genre more than others, but as
> a standalone product I'm altogether very happy with it. Of course,
> there's now a gap in the market for a slightly slower paced game to
> come along, although I can see a lot of people staying with the
> original for some time yet, either becasue their pcs can't cope or
> simply preferring the style of play.

That's right, I am comparing it to the original UT in every aspect. Do you know why? I'll tell you. Look at the title of the game. Unreal Tournament 2003. ITS STILL UNREAL TOURNAMENT!!
It is in no way an entirely different product, merely a sequel to one of the most successful games of all time. So doesn't that give me a right to compare it with the original? If it was called Generic Shooter 3 then I couldn't compare it as I am now, but it isn't, so I am. OK?

Incidentally, I don't intend to sound so patronizing, that's just the way I type. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.