GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do YOU deal with pain?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
Hmmm well How do YOU deal with pain???

What an odd thing to say I said you say. American Heritage Dictionary claims pain is an unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder. This is true obviousley.

But the question is, how do YOU deal with pain. When I scrape my bare leg across the corner of my bed which brings up a bruise in about 30 seconds, I grab my leg and curse once or twice and then start laughing in a slightly high pitched psychotic mode. I know it hurts but for some reason it tiggers me off laughing which makes the pain go away. But another thing I do is put my hand in a sink of water thats pretty much as hot as tap water gets and it burns for a bit but then I just forget about the pain and it goes away. Or when I've bin throwin snow around and my hands go numb, and I bite them, I cannot stand that becuase I know it hurts but its not which freaks me out. When I had my head slammed in a car door that hurt like hell but I was only young.

My theory is that if you get used to the pain instead of thinking oh man this really hurts it for some reason goes away or you can feel it hurting you but you're used to it so it dont hurt. Another was when I didn't have a shaved head and I hid something of my bros and he pinned me down and grabbed my hair and at first he was joking just say 'where is it' but then he got really serious and he was literally ripping some of my hair out of the top of my head and I never snapped by telling him. And a final probably the worst pain I ever got was getting a 1/4 inch splinter up just under the fingernail and it bled like hell. Now that was hard to kkep the pain away but I did it in the end.

So what do you do when it comes to pain ? ? ?
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:47
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
I get that too. Just relax and let go and it gets better. First time i tried to fight it. Owww
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I say owwww when i get pain.
I say Cramp is the worst pain i've ever had, apart from the log through my rib. Now that winded me more than hurt but when in the hospital, it stung like HELL!
Thu 03/10/02 at 20:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Possum in a bottle wrote:
> Ahhhh man a little while ago I got cramp in the back muscle of my leg.
> My bro's in the army and sees stuff like that all the time but he said
> mine was one of the worst he'd ever seen. the Muscle was seized up for
> a good 3 minutes. I'd never had cramp before and didn't know what it
> was so I was crappin myself.

Sometimes there is a muscle in my foot which totally spasms, it just totally contracts and makes my big toe almost touch my foot, if you try to resist it, it hurts like a banshee.
Thu 03/10/02 at 20:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ingenium Bartender wrote:
> Pain is something to be embraced. What is life without pain? We are
> born to pain, and we die in pain, and all throughout our lives we have
> to deal with it.
>
> Pain is a huge part of everyone's life. Do not shut it out or avoid it
> - you can't avoid it.
>
> Embrace the pain, become one with, and relish in it's glory.

You know IB sometimes i feel that sometimes you are a little too philosophical.
Thu 03/10/02 at 19:38
"Large and in Charge"
I eat throgh the pain.
Thu 03/10/02 at 18:02
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Ahhhh man a little while ago I got cramp in the back muscle of my leg. My bro's in the army and sees stuff like that all the time but he said mine was one of the worst he'd ever seen. the Muscle was seized up for a good 3 minutes. I'd never had cramp before and didn't know what it was so I was crappin myself.
Thu 03/10/02 at 17:20
"Darkness, always"
Pain is something to be embraced. What is life without pain? We are born to pain, and we die in pain, and all throughout our lives we have to deal with it.

Pain is a huge part of everyone's life. Do not shut it out or avoid it - you can't avoid it.

Embrace the pain, become one with, and relish in it's glory.
Thu 03/10/02 at 17:04
Regular
"That's right!"
Possum in a bottle wrote:
> So what was your worst pain Mojojojo?

---------

Um, either when I got hit in my godly members when I was 10 (I slid down the wall in pain) or when I hit my leg on a table, and it must've just hit some exact point, because my leg went dead (couldn't move it, could feel pain though) and I collapsed onto a chair (luckily for me the chair was there, if not, I could've been on the floor, heh)

Inside pain is the worst. Superficial stuff like cuts and bruises don't bother me, as there's stuff you can do about it. Have pain in your muscles or something though, and it's ten times worse
Thu 03/10/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Livin' it down"
The wrost pain I've had to deal with. Hmmmm, maybe the time when I was climbing over a spiked fence to get my football back. And my mate said "don't fall" and shook the fence. Then I fell and my leg fell on the spike. That really hurt, I had to have 10 stiches. Still got the scar.
Thu 03/10/02 at 12:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Usually i can just laugh it off, but ive been having success with just biting my lip and repeating "its just a stimulus". Ive had a few times that ive been in real pain. Mostly in fights with my brother, but once in a "toy fight" with my big cousin. He tried to leg sweep me, so i jumped it, but caught his leg, i fell on the ground on my back from about 4 ft in the air. I couldnt move for a good half hour.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.