GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do YOU deal with pain?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
Hmmm well How do YOU deal with pain???

What an odd thing to say I said you say. American Heritage Dictionary claims pain is an unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder. This is true obviousley.

But the question is, how do YOU deal with pain. When I scrape my bare leg across the corner of my bed which brings up a bruise in about 30 seconds, I grab my leg and curse once or twice and then start laughing in a slightly high pitched psychotic mode. I know it hurts but for some reason it tiggers me off laughing which makes the pain go away. But another thing I do is put my hand in a sink of water thats pretty much as hot as tap water gets and it burns for a bit but then I just forget about the pain and it goes away. Or when I've bin throwin snow around and my hands go numb, and I bite them, I cannot stand that becuase I know it hurts but its not which freaks me out. When I had my head slammed in a car door that hurt like hell but I was only young.

My theory is that if you get used to the pain instead of thinking oh man this really hurts it for some reason goes away or you can feel it hurting you but you're used to it so it dont hurt. Another was when I didn't have a shaved head and I hid something of my bros and he pinned me down and grabbed my hair and at first he was joking just say 'where is it' but then he got really serious and he was literally ripping some of my hair out of the top of my head and I never snapped by telling him. And a final probably the worst pain I ever got was getting a 1/4 inch splinter up just under the fingernail and it bled like hell. Now that was hard to kkep the pain away but I did it in the end.

So what do you do when it comes to pain ? ? ?
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:42
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. A word can be looked up in moments in an online dictionary.

Something like ">='[>" or "ROFSMACMEO" might take a little more research.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Sometimes thoses small words just don't cut it against thier longer cousins. And sometimes you just can't think of a way to put things in a way simple enough for everyone.

I don't think that you need alter the way you post. That is who you are (in the context of the forum). To the people who understand the words you use, they cannot understand the lack of comprehension of others. Its only a simple word if you know what it means. Therefore one mans simple word is anothers 'foreign language'.

Besides, If people don't understand a word, what shame is there in asking what it means, or looking in a dictionary (thats what they are there for after all).
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Luckily, I'm fortunate enough not to have any ailments that result in pain but when such an incident happens, such as cutting myself or spraining my arm or contract a particularly nasty headache, I just ignore the pain and it eventually goes away.

Having said that, I had my tonsils out about 9 months ago and in the aftermath of the operation, I've never witnessed pain like it before. It was the most agonising toturous pain I've ever had - even taking a sip of water sent me into paroxysms of such intense pain that I don't think I'll ever forget it.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:24
"Darkness, always"
I thought as much, but I'm in the habit of explaining everything I do, since it has become all too well documented that my use of the english language has made me seem to be speaking a foreign language.

I'm considering adding a a definitions section at the end of every long post I do, explaining the context of any word greater in length than 5 letters.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Thanks I got that.....
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:21
"Darkness, always"
The basest insults are the most widely recognised and easy to understand. Besides, it was partially a reaction to your "does anyone want to continue in a mature fashion" comment...
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I was fine until Beebop stuck his stinky face in.

That retort is most unlike you.

Stinky, no less.

heh
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:18
"Darkness, always"
I was fine until Beebop stuck his stinky face in.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
We were having an interesting disscusion about pain (or so I thought). I apologise to Goatboy and Insane Bartender if I have stepped on any toes.

As I am very likely to inherit a genetic disorder 'Fibromialgia' which I have seen my mother suffer with for the past 12 years, It is a subject that is rather close to my heart.

Again I apologise for any offence. If anyone would like to continue this disscusion in a mature manner I would be grateful.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:11
"Darkness, always"
Oh do shut up Slavey, you inexcusably erroneous buffoon. I wasn't aggravating anybody, you just jumped to conclusions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.