GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do YOU deal with pain?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
Hmmm well How do YOU deal with pain???

What an odd thing to say I said you say. American Heritage Dictionary claims pain is an unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder. This is true obviousley.

But the question is, how do YOU deal with pain. When I scrape my bare leg across the corner of my bed which brings up a bruise in about 30 seconds, I grab my leg and curse once or twice and then start laughing in a slightly high pitched psychotic mode. I know it hurts but for some reason it tiggers me off laughing which makes the pain go away. But another thing I do is put my hand in a sink of water thats pretty much as hot as tap water gets and it burns for a bit but then I just forget about the pain and it goes away. Or when I've bin throwin snow around and my hands go numb, and I bite them, I cannot stand that becuase I know it hurts but its not which freaks me out. When I had my head slammed in a car door that hurt like hell but I was only young.

My theory is that if you get used to the pain instead of thinking oh man this really hurts it for some reason goes away or you can feel it hurting you but you're used to it so it dont hurt. Another was when I didn't have a shaved head and I hid something of my bros and he pinned me down and grabbed my hair and at first he was joking just say 'where is it' but then he got really serious and he was literally ripping some of my hair out of the top of my head and I never snapped by telling him. And a final probably the worst pain I ever got was getting a 1/4 inch splinter up just under the fingernail and it bled like hell. Now that was hard to kkep the pain away but I did it in the end.

So what do you do when it comes to pain ? ? ?
Tue 01/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Hmmm well How do YOU deal with pain???

What an odd thing to say I said you say. American Heritage Dictionary claims pain is an unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder. This is true obviousley.

But the question is, how do YOU deal with pain. When I scrape my bare leg across the corner of my bed which brings up a bruise in about 30 seconds, I grab my leg and curse once or twice and then start laughing in a slightly high pitched psychotic mode. I know it hurts but for some reason it tiggers me off laughing which makes the pain go away. But another thing I do is put my hand in a sink of water thats pretty much as hot as tap water gets and it burns for a bit but then I just forget about the pain and it goes away. Or when I've bin throwin snow around and my hands go numb, and I bite them, I cannot stand that becuase I know it hurts but its not which freaks me out. When I had my head slammed in a car door that hurt like hell but I was only young.

My theory is that if you get used to the pain instead of thinking oh man this really hurts it for some reason goes away or you can feel it hurting you but you're used to it so it dont hurt. Another was when I didn't have a shaved head and I hid something of my bros and he pinned me down and grabbed my hair and at first he was joking just say 'where is it' but then he got really serious and he was literally ripping some of my hair out of the top of my head and I never snapped by telling him. And a final probably the worst pain I ever got was getting a 1/4 inch splinter up just under the fingernail and it bled like hell. Now that was hard to kkep the pain away but I did it in the end.

So what do you do when it comes to pain ? ? ?
Tue 01/10/02 at 21:25
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
What was your worst pain and how did you deal with it?
Wed 02/10/02 at 17:27
Regular
"That's right!"
I either just freeze, and take it like a man, or rub my arm or something, as it takes away the sensation from your injury

Taking pain like a man is good, gets you used to it, you don't want to be a little girl ALL your life, heh
Wed 02/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
So what was your worst pain Mojojojo?
Wed 02/10/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Possum in a bottle wrote:
>
> My theory is that if you get used to the pain instead of thinking oh
> man this really hurts it for some reason goes away or you can feel it
> hurting you but you're used to it so it dont hurt.

Not true. My mum has fibromialgia which means that she has chronic pain, and has been in pain for the last 10 years. Not thinking about it doesn't make it go away. The only way that she can see out of it is to take her life, which she has talked about, but hasn't done because it would hurt Me and my Dad too much. She often says that she would like to go away and be on her own. Injured animals always go away to be on their own.
Wed 02/10/02 at 18:35
Regular
The most pain I've experienced is a rock-hard soccer ball driven by a brutish midfield general into my 'unmentionables' at point-blank range on a cold Sunday morning.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:57
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
wow that must've been preety bad. One that I saw was when I was in bout year 8 and we were playing hockey on the reg-ra or whatever its called and someone smack the red solid cricket ball thin we were using as hard as they could and it flew into someones shin without pads. I was about twenty metres away from the boy who got hit and I heard the noise it made. Everyone just went silent and he just sat on the floor with his legs crossed and started crying.... pain mong.
Thu 03/10/02 at 00:52
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
pain is sore. cant really cope with pain. Friend of mine pretended he didnt register pain, so we piles concrete blocks on his arm til he started screaming. nb. he gave us permission. Still he is adamant that he doesnt feel pain despite our tests. *sigh*
Thu 03/10/02 at 11:32
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
lol
Thu 03/10/02 at 11:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
At karate recently we were doing defence against pub brawlers and stuff, and the instructor grabbed my nip and twisted it a lot further than it's meant to go.

That really hurt, though I had to take it like a man cos all the other guys were there (and a few ladies too...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.