GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me why TIF 2003 is tripe!!! Take the mick out of me!! NOW!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 20:31
Regular
Come on, I'm telling you all this is great! PES is good, agreeable, but TIF is a supporters game! Rip it out of me, tell me TIF is crap, tell me I'm an idiot! Argue! I dare you!!! Now!! I command you to argue!!!
Sat 05/10/02 at 10:36
Regular
"  "
Thanks god for that. I have the game just! And also my mates coming around and we loved the 2002 edition! Oh happy days! Bagger.
Sat 05/10/02 at 10:30
Regular
"  "
Oh, cheers Wookie. I look forward to beating you in the challenge mode! Last time I entered a challenge mode on a football game (International League Soccer) I won a signed Roy Keane T-shirt!!!! And I sold it on Ebay...
Sat 05/10/02 at 10:29
Regular
"  "
Jive wrote:
> Well this turned up in the post this morning.....but unfortunately
> it's not mine, bought for a mate and can't be bothered to open it.
>
> I'll get to play it next weekendso I can tell you then if it's rubbish
> or not.

From SR?
Sat 05/10/02 at 10:27
"High polygon count"
> Whats this so called Career mode like? I hear that you control a
> school boy team and have to turn it proffesional?

Haven't tried it yet, as I'm doing a Season. According to the manual:

"Devlop a young school team until they are ready to compete with the best teams in the world. Although you cannot enter a previously customised team ino the career mode, you are given the chance to make cosmetic changes to the team name, manager name, the kit and the player appearances when you select yout team. This allows you to create a squad comprised of you and your friends."

> Also are there Div 3 teams as I hear there is Div 2, 1 and Prem but I
> haven't heard anything about Div 3 teams.

There certainly are! I'm not sure if it's the whole of the third division, but there are certainly a few in there.

The Season mode is pretty cool. Although I've only just started it, it's pretty complete. You can compete in any of 15 national leagues from around the world, and it includes "league and cup fixtures as well as qualification into continental club cups and international club cups for successful teams".

These are all great things that Pro Evo lacks, and they add to the fun. But I maintain that Pro Evo still plays the best technical game of football. But I can't play as Arsenal in a league in that!
Sat 05/10/02 at 10:09
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well this turned up in the post this morning.....but unfortunately it's not mine, bought for a mate and can't be bothered to open it.

I'll get to play it next weekendso I can tell you then if it's rubbish or not.
Sat 05/10/02 at 09:26
Regular
"  "
Still waiting, cant wait much more....

Whats this so called Career mode like? I hear that you control a school boy team and have to turn it proffesional? Also are there Div 3 teams as I hear there is Div 2, 1 and Prem but I haven't heard anything about Div 3 teams.

Chars,
Nath.
Sat 05/10/02 at 01:07
"High polygon count"
I bought TIF2003 today (well, yesterday now - as it's past midnight...), and I like it.

I've got Pro Evo, and that plays by far the best game of football. But I got a bit fed up with it. No proper league competition, dodgy team names, and god-awful commentary.

TIF doesn't play as good a game of footy as Pro Evo, but it does play a good game. The teams are there, as are the league options, and the commentary is simply MILES better than Pro Evo.

I was going to get Pro Evo 2, but after reading in PSM2 that the team names have gotten even more obscure (Man Utd are called 'Aragon', West Ham are 'The Lake District', Aston Villa are 'Dublin', and Liverpool are 'Europort'), my enthusiasm has dwindled.

I want to play as Arsenal, in a league - and Pro Evo just doesn't allow that - so it loses points massively for me personally.

After reading in the same mag that EA are starting from scratch with FIFA2003, I'm even keeping an eye on that.

My idea of football gaming heaven, though, is for Konami and EA to swallow their pride and get together. Just imagine the game engine of Pro Evo combined with the presentation and licensing of the FIFA franchise... Ahhhhhh, bliss!

Shame it'll never happen.
Fri 04/10/02 at 21:13
I'm a PES man myself. Although I did play the TIF demo on the demo disc a few weeks ago.
Fri 04/10/02 at 21:10
Regular
"  "
Heh, I won a signed Roy Keane one when International League Soccer was released. Also, you know anything about the challenge mode were you enter your scores??? I want to thrash everyone! :D
Fri 04/10/02 at 21:04
Yeah, I think it was random. You can win asigned Kieron Dyer T-shirt, by the way. Which is just great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.