GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me why TIF 2003 is tripe!!! Take the mick out of me!! NOW!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/09/02 at 20:31
Regular
Come on, I'm telling you all this is great! PES is good, agreeable, but TIF is a supporters game! Rip it out of me, tell me TIF is crap, tell me I'm an idiot! Argue! I dare you!!! Now!! I command you to argue!!!
Mon 07/10/02 at 20:44
Regular
"  "
Cheers. You've made me happy and the whole point of the post is realised! The game is good and I'm finnaly not a gimp for liking it :D

Anyway, done 2 more matches.

City-

Good, even, match. Chances mainly went to Man City but Kasey Keller kept them at bay.

Charlton-

Good match. Again it was even but Charlton didn't take the chances. Koncheski got sent of in the first 5 minutes after bundling Iversen down in the box. With Charlton down to ten, a great chance to take the three points arose but Quaedro missed the bagger. Instead, a free kick from Ziege rattled off the bar and Acimovic chested the ball and smashed in the rebound. Slight concerns to the injury of young Belgian star Quaedro but Sherwood came on and immediatly had a chance, somehow tipped onto the bar (Best save i've seen on a TIF game. Sherwood smashed it and it was heading in but as the ball whooshed past Kiely he stretched backwards, got a finger to the ball and it powered of the ball. Superb. Spent 5 mins using the great replay options to watch it over and over). Towards the end of the match it tightened up even more but after the sending off of my striker Sonny Anderson, Keane shone on his own up front and headed the second.

Spurs 2-0 Charlton
Acimovic 26
Keane 83
(Anderson sent off 78)-(Koncheski sent off 5)

There we go.
Mon 07/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
"  "
Cheers. You've made me happy and the whole point of the post is realised! The game is good and I'm finnaly not a gimp for liking it :D

Anyway, done 2 more matches.

City-

Good, even, match. Chances mainly went to Man City but Kasey Keller kept them at bay.

Charlton-

Good match. Again it was even but Charlton didn't take the chances. Koncheski got sent of in the first 5 minutes after bundling Iversen down in the box. With Charlton down to ten, a great chance to take the three points arose but Quaedro missed the bagger. Instead, a free kick from Ziege rattled off the bar and Acimovic chested the ball and smashed in the rebound. Slight concerns to the injury of young Belgian star Quaedro but Sherwood came on and immediatly had a chance, somehow tipped onto the bar (Best save i've seen on a TIF game. Sherwood smashed it and it was heading in but as the ball whooshed past Kiely he stretched backwards, got a finger to the ball and it powered of the ball. Superb. Spent 5 mins using the great replay options to watch it over and over). Towards the end of the match it tightened up even more but after the sending off of my striker Sonny Anderson, Keane shone on his own up front and headed the second.

Spurs 2-0 Charlton
Acimovic 26
Keane 83
(Anderson sent off 78)-(Koncheski sent off 5)

There we go.
Mon 07/10/02 at 16:11
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Congrats on sorting out that little problem Nath.

I like the game so much I even reviewed it !
Mon 07/10/02 at 14:41
Regular
"  "
Wehey! I finally got my problem sorted. I put the TV on Base= Wide and the crowd cheers could be heared! It was sending them through a speaker I didn't have :D
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Na†ßu© wrote:

>
>
> Man City are called City on the game :)

Didn't notice that ....

>
> I'm 11th in Prem with Spurs on World Class Rating. Knocked out of
> League Cup 2-0 by Newcastle. Ho ho.

Newcastle ? ho ho indeed.

Must admit that Nath - good game...
Mon 07/10/02 at 12:25
Regular
"  "
Flanders wrote:

>
> I did notice - with all the teams available - Man City fans will be
> dissapointed - The team selection gives you Manchester which is
> obviously United - No City in their despite the fact that teams like
> Wycombe are in their.
>
> I agree with Wookiee - a mix between the three top contenders would be
> ideal ! - It will never happen though.

Man City are called City on the game :)

I'm 11th in Prem with Spurs on World Class Rating. Knocked out of League Cup 2-0 by Newcastle. Ho ho.
Mon 07/10/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I listened - I paid attention - I played the TIF2003 demo over and over on Friday to make sure and then I went into town on Saturday and bought it !.

And what's more - I like it - a lot .....

I like the view - it gives you a much better perspective than PE as you get the feeling that there are 22 players on the pitch - and some of the moves are great - I like the way the defenders will not give up and let you just ghost past them like you can always do in Fifa games and sometimes can in PE.

One annoying thing about PE is the fact that you can kick off straight to Michael Owen - run down the middle of the pitch and score. You cannot do this in TIF - lets hope PE2 improves on this area.

And the last thing that really scores for TIF is the fact that I can play as Ipswich and whip the canaries - time after time after time (though I did struggle against Colchester in my very first game )

I did notice - with all the teams available - Man City fans will be dissapointed - The team selection gives you Manchester which is obviously United - No City in their despite the fact that teams like Wycombe are in their.

I agree with Wookiee - a mix between the three top contenders would be ideal ! - It will never happen though.
Sun 06/10/02 at 19:20
Regular
"  "
Asher D wrote:
> TIF 2003 is tripe because I said it is.
>
> So ner.

Better than Blackburn :P
Sun 06/10/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Hmmm....."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> I was quoting those from PSM2!

-----

I know, you said.
Sun 06/10/02 at 19:09
Regular
TIF 2003 is tripe because I said it is.

So ner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.